Whoohoo snow!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

destrucktomaxx

RCNT Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Went out and played around for a bit in the snow with my E-Revo. No pics for tonight but there defiantly will be tomorrow!

Got a set of New E-Maxx rims and tires from a buddy the other day and cut them like I did my T-Maxx tires..What a difference they make in the snow! Talons got nothing on Maxx tires.

Got about 8 inches out there right now and its still coming down hard. I'm pulling the 775 out and putting back in the Titans. The gearing that I have currently just doesn't cut it for me (54t/14t) and it runs too hot and too slow.

Any reccomendations as far as gearing for speed?

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Any reccomendations as far as gearing for speed?

uh... the information I gave you in PM wasn't good enough?

larger pinion and/or smaller spur gear = less acceleration/more top speed
smaller pinion and/or larger spur gear = more acceleration/less top speed

you will get the same information from any relatively knowledgable r/c'er on this forum. If you're looking for a different answer, I don't know what to tell you. If you want more top speed by way of changing the gearing the way to do it is to install a larger pinion. If the motor gets too hot then you are overgeared and you need to run a smaller pinion. Ventilation will also help keeps the temps of the motor decent, but generally speaking, overgearing the truck puts a lot of strain on the motor and creates a lot of heat.