who would win?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everybody, so i ordered a picco, 26 for my revo , my buddy is getting a os .30 vg for his savage , i want to know who you think would win a friendy drag race head to head.

savage = 3 speed , ribbed pipe, stock tires

revo = trinity pipe , foc, bowtie tires

The one that crosses the line first!

Honestly I think the Revo...if they are both tuned correctly.

but isnt the os. 30 more powerfull than the picco. 26max? just curious.

the revo may be lighter but depending on the earing on both trucks the savage could surprise you. a lot of factors determine top speed engine choice and gearing are only part of the equation although the biggest part tires also play a part as well as weight and clutch setup as well as the distance of the run.

the savage stock weighs in at well over 11 pounds and the revo at approx. 6-8 pounds from a dead stop the revo has the advantage based solely on weight but then it comes down to gearing and tire rollout ( larger tires higher top speed smaller tires greater torque, ofcourse there is a limit to how far you can go on both)

I have a picco .26 powered savage and the engine tuned properly is a beast and can run down a stock revo with little problem with just 2 speed tranny. And even in the savage that engine will twist dog bones and CVD's at will it seems I hope you beefed up the tranny on your revo or you could punch the throttle and not go anywhere because your driveline imploded under the assault from the picco.26

From what I hear the OS .30 is just an order of magnitude more powerful then the picco .26 so IMHO it's a toss up depending on distance you plan to drag race and both his and your gearing, as well if his savage is been refitted for racing you will have a fight on your hands, but in theory the Revo has a big advantage.

how would you go about beefing up the trannsmission? i already have the foc , what else would it take, and none of our trucks are set up for racing , well i know mine isnt , but i dont think his is either , I'm running a 14/38 on my ride for gearing,

started thread in revo forum.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar enough with the Revo to answer that you'd do better finding a more Revo specific forum for that answer.
although someone here my have the info your after.

Hey everybody, so i ordered a picco, 26 for my revo , my buddy is getting a os .30 vg for his savage , i want to know who you think would win a friendy drag race head to head.

savage = 3 speed , ribbed pipe, stock tires

revo = trinity pipe , foc, bowtie tires

or BIG JOES!!!...right buddy!!!!:)

true , i said stock since i thought the big joes would slow you down , i guess i was thinking wrong . I'm actually surprised that wider wheels is better for high speed.

true , i said stock since i thought the big joes would slow you down , i guess i was thinking wrong . I'm actually surprised that wider wheels is better for high speed.

Weird!!! but NICE, thanks to you bro!!!:bow:

I'm tempted to get some 40 series dirt dawg or joes again, but not brand new, i dont want to pay that much again.

i would put money on your revo winning. Yes the os .30 is more powerful in a way, it will have more top end than your picco .26 but your picco will have tons more bottom end, it will accelerate faster and the os .30 would need a very long drag strip to catch up.

Then again, saying that the savage could surprise you. As it has a 3-speed gearbox this will add lots more bottom end. Go to a long straight vaicant road and find out ;)
also film it and put on here or you tube please.
Not sure wether that savage would reach third gear though, just depends how it is set up

EDIT: changed mind i would put money on the savage winning lol

Back