Who Was Your First Crush and Who Was Your First

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AClegg

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have question that will take a lot of us way back in time. What was the first RC vehicle you had a crush on and What was the first RC vehicle you purchased new?

First crush - Tamiya Bruiser
First Purchase - Marui Big Bear.

Attachments

• RC.pdf
    347.2 KB · Views: 67
1st Krush-Cox fan car
1st buy-Cox fan car aka.string runner..
saved this car picked up a few of same model only to frakenrc them into electric with rudder system on them..after seeing the fan boats in everglades..

Attachments

• cox fan car.jpg
    cox fan car.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 61
1st Krush-Cox fan car
1st buy-Cox fan car aka.string runner..
saved this car picked up a few of same model only to frakenrc them into electric with rudder system on them..after seeing the fan boats in everglades..

I remember that car. That was from the 70s, I believe. Maybe the really early 80's.

My mind doesn't travel that far back... :( I can't remember what it was.

it was 1974 ..July to be exact...1 day string broke and it was a run away 200 feet right into a major thurofair.. crashed into 7 foot high fence no harm done just a noradrenaline rush....

it was 1974 ..July to be exact...1 day string broke and it was a run away 200 feet right into a major thurofair.. crashed into 7 foot high fence no harm done just a noradrenaline rush....

1974? I was 2yrs old. My actual first RC car was Cox Dune Buggy. My parents bought it from Swap Meet, remember those. Now they're called Flee Markets. It was a used unit. It wasn't really an RC car because it didn't have an RC unit. You started it. Turned the tires in the direction you wanted it to go and it took off. It would go straight until it hit something or, if you turned the tires, it would go around in circles for about 30 seconds.

Crush..the black vette rc 10 from the dead pool.

Purchase...clod buster

TXT-1, AKA the Clodbuster on steroids. That was a very nice truck.

TXT-1, AKA the Clodbuster on steroids. That was a very nice truck.
So true and now I have both. I recently picked a bullhead up for 10 bucks and I got my txt-1 earlier this year. The txt-1 is now a shelf queen as parts have definitely dried up. The bullhead may end up that way if parts disappear as they seem to be doing now

So true and now I have both. I recently picked a bullhead up for 10 bucks and I got my txt-1 earlier this year. The txt-1 is now a shelf queen as parts have definitely dried up. The bullhead may end up that way if parts disappear as they seem to be doing now

With vintage vehicles, thank goodness for Ebay for when you need parts.

I love those Cox vehicles but they aren't r/c but they are NITRO!!! The first one I saw and crushed on was a string dragster. I wanted that fan car too. The first one I got new was a gift from my uncle. It was the Action Van. I still have 2 of them and one of the ADAM 12 police car but it is hacked up a bit.

I had plenty of toy grade r/c vehicles including a cool 2 speed jeep that in low was like today's crawlers. I still have that too. I never really got into hobby grade r/c until the very early 2000's when I bought a basket case Traxxas Nitro Sport and fixed it up. Then I crushed on and my first new purchase was an HPI Savage 25.

I love those Cox vehicles but they aren't r/c but they are NITRO!!! The first one I saw and crushed on was a string dragster. I wanted that fan car too. The first one I got new was a gift from my uncle. It was the Action Van. I still have 2 of them and one of the ADAM 12 police car but it is hacked up a bit.

I had plenty of toy grade r/c vehicles including a cool 2 speed jeep that in low was like today's crawlers. I still have that too. I never really got into hobby grade r/c until the very early 2000's when I bought a basket case Traxxas Nitro Sport and fixed it up. Then I crushed on and my first new purchase was an HPI Savage 25.

Cox was the greatest. Even when they got into the racing scene with the Cox/Scorpion. That was the last of their joint creations. In the late 80's, Kyosho bought out Cox. That's when Kyosho started putting nitro engines in everything... and so the craze was created.

Like the cox airplane?

Turned it cirlcles til i was dizzy.

Well worth the headrush.

Like the cox airplane?

Turned it cirlcles til i was dizzy.

Well worth the headrush.

Was also worth burning the crap out of my fingers because I wanted to hold the motor in my hand and start it.

After the string broke, my father tried to fly it over the swimming pool. You can only imagine how quickly it hit the water. We backflushed that filter for a week over that.

Back