Who uses Mac?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do you use Mac

• Use both cause you have too

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmechG550

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Trying to get an idea of how many Mac users are here. I'm growing more and more irritated with Billy and his band of merry idiots. Not a debate of which is better, I'm just trying to get some idea of the numbers. If you want to post some good points about Mac fine. If your a user and want to post some of the nuances, fine.

I'm on one now.
IMO, Best of both worlds.
I'm using the Mac-Mini Dual core.
Runs both OSX and boots to Windows as well.

I have nothing bad to say except I keep hitting the Ctrl key instead of the apple key. With the new OSX there is very little to learn if you use a 2 button mouse and a windows KB.

Great bang for the buck. @ under 1K for the fastest unit upgraded to the largest drive and a gig of ram. can't go wrong. Its also the size of most peoples external HD units.

The last time I touched a Mac was my old Mac Plus back in the late 80's.

robmob said:
The last time I touched a Mac was my old Mac Plus back in the late 80's.
I swore to never own one again after using one about 10 years ago. Things do change. Go to an Apple store if there is one around and play for an hour or so. You may like it, or not.

Programs are a bit on the pricey side but I have yet to need anything other then MS Office. The feature set of OSX is large and the new OS is going to be out any day now.

Not that I really play a whole lot, how well do Macs handle games? I'm assuming that you need one written for Mac OS but all I ever see is stuff for Windows. I can't really afford to have an extra machine for gaming.

FastEddy said:
I swore to never own one again after using one about 10 years ago. Things do change. Go to an Apple store if there is one around and play for an hour or so. You may like it, or not.

Programs are a bit on the pricey side but I have yet to need anything other then MS Office. The feature set of OSX is large and the new OS is going to be out any day now.
That's how I sold my wife on it. We went into the store and I had her actually use one and she really liked it. The photo and video editing, storage, etc is by far tops and that is what she will uses a home computer for most.

I use windows, but I want to switch to Mac soon. Reason being is the new Duo Core chips Macs are using. At my school, I need to be able to run windows, because thats what all the comps on the WPI network run, and a Mac would f**k with the system. But with these new chips I can run both like Eddy said. I plan to get a MacBook, and I can get one off their site for $1049 with the student discount. I can also get Windows XP software to put on it for a couple bucks through WPI. There are some perks to paying 45k to go to a school haha.

Here is a shot of the mini.
On top is a card reader Then my One touch backup then the mini then an additional 200-gig drive inside a USB / Fire wire hub unit. On the right everything is plugged into a 1100va UPS.

Its not pretty but I wasn't expecting company.

Attachments

• DSC01265.jpg
    DSC01265.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 57
Back