Who makes good calipers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Thats a good idea!
2019-0315-TengyesCaliper-Mod01.jpg

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So far, I really like these calipers. They are much better quality than the eBay special I've been using. Granted it aint the creme de la creme brand of calipers but they feel pretty solid. Only thing I dont like is the case takes both hands to open where my old ones opened with one hand. Not a huge deal but figured Id mention it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HKDF71..._glt_fabc_T68JW3SX6AZHDY90WQYK?&tag=rctalk-20

WickedFog

Here, hold my beer!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So far, I really like these calipers. They are much better quality than the eBay special I've been using. Granted it aint the creme de la creme brand of calipers but they feel pretty solid. Only thing I dont like is the case takes both hands to open where my old ones opened with one hand. Not a huge deal but figured Id mention it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HKDF71..._glt_fabc_T68JW3SX6AZHDY90WQYK?&tag=rctalk-20
I have that same gripe about a lot of caliper cases when they require 2 hands. So I just hack off whatever is holding the case closed, or cut the lid off and just use the bottom.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have that same gripe about a lot of caliper cases when they require 2 hands. So I just hack off whatever is holding the case closed, or cut the lid off and just use the bottom.
I should see if the calipers will fit in the old case :)

WickedFog

Here, hold my beer!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
When I was machining, all my regularly used tools were in my box out of their cases. Even though the Starrett cases opened easily with one hand, I still hated having to open them.