Which size of center shaft and drive shaft can I use? PLS HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazeworks

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi!

I started with a smartech tmaxx clone. Now it´s nearly completed with rd logics parts.
But I have a problem I don´t know the differences between the models.
Mine has the 15. engine. that´s 2.5 ccm. ( I got the original traxxas engine of course)
I know, that there is a long chassis version for the bigger engines.
I tried to order some center shaft and drive shaft @ ebay but there are so many versions of the maxx.
The 2.5 and 3.3 versions are alway based on the longer chassis?

Because the auction differ between 1.5, 2.1, 2.5 (R), 3.3, and what the hell is optidrive?

It would be nice of you if you could help me. Pls feel free to post ebay links directly in this thread.

Another question is if there is a difference size of suspension arms to the modells?

There are pics of my car in this linkhttps://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64338&highlight=smartech
in case of questions.

thanks so far...

Last edited:
Mazeworks.....I would do with the newer 3.3 style. Reason behind this is if they are too long they are plastic, you can trim down the center part to make it fit with no problems. That would be your safest bet IMO. Opti drive was a crappy sensor that was supposed to keep the tranny from going into reverse when it was moving forward. As I started the sentence.....crappy. They just did not work very well. There are the old .15 short arms and all the others are the longer "Wide Maxx" style arms. I am pretty sure all the 2.5s and newer were the wide arms.

hey maze, i have a maxx 2.5(short frame, black tranny with reverse) with the metal shafts. when i upgraded to the revo spec tranny(grey, no reverse) the front center shaft was to short. lhs gave me plastic ones for a 3.3. keep waiting for it to break so i can complete the set. its being stubborn.
i hope this helps

hey so I'm installing the 3.3 grey tranny on my 2.5 and i have run into a problem. the center drive shafts will not mate with the 3.3 tranny. the trannys output shaft is slightly big and wont slide in. do i need to get 3.3 center drive shafts? however will they mate with the stock differentials?
I'm tempted to file it down a few thousands so i can get it to fit but i would really prefer not to do that.

Back