Which one is better? Water Break in or Brief break-in? For brushed motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only brushed motors I have is Holmes Hobbies crawler motors and I break them in with just 4 AA batteries and let it run for about 20 minutes.
I used water breaking in any other brushed motors. It cleans out any debris in the motor when it was built. I would use just 4 AA batteries and use a tall glass of water for the motor.

Either way but if you do water make sure you use an air compressor or hair dryer or something and make sure the motor is completely dry when you're done or you run the risk if developing rust in the motor

Either way but if you do water make sure you use an air compressor or hair dryer or something and make sure the motor is completely dry when you're done or you run the risk if developing rust in the motor
I have a can of compressed air. I think I will need some electric cleaner for the old motor because I am going to get it running and keep it for extra. Also will I need some kind of bearing/bushing oil?

I have a can of compressed air. I think I will need some electric cleaner for the old motor because I am going to get it running and keep it for extra. Also will I need some kind of bearing/bushing oil?
I believe that motor is sealed so I dont think you can get to the bearing/bushing. If you can get to it though then yeah little oil never hurt anything....well except marine life 🤣🤣 🤣

I believe that motor is sealed so I dont think you can get to the bearing/bushing. If you can get to it though then yeah little oil never hurt anything....well except marine life 🤣🤣 🤣
Titan 12t 550 is sealed, but back in the day both the stinger and 12t, someone used to mod them. They were rebuilt when needed, I want to say bearing swap, and even the winding was altered.

Basically its sealed, but if you know your stuff, you can get in. The bushing should be somewhat exposed on both ends, therefore can oil one side one each side. I usually use 3 in one for that.

Got my new Traxxas brushed motor on last Monday. I am planning to put it in my slash tomorrow. Which one is better? Water break in or Traxxas Brief break-in?

Brief break-in period required for Titan 12T motor
Glad you finally got your motor bud. I'm sure your doing the happy dance. 👍👍 if useing the water break in. I would also say use distilled water. But tap water will work. Just make sure to blow it out completely...