Which ESC? Tekin rx8 vs. Mamba monster x

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilman0444

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a tekin pro 4hd in a 4x4 slash. I'm currently running the rx8 esc but am considering the mamba monster x. I only use this vehicle for bashing, no racing. Which do u think is best route to go here?

I don't have experience with either of those, but I was researching both of those ESC's for an upcoming build, and I have to say the Tekin is the one I decided on. I have both the Hotwire 3.0 and Castle Link, and for the most part, I love the Hotwire. There does seem to be something in the app though that is preventing me from setting the correct LVC, so I did that on the computer via USB.

Castle makes nice stuff, but just based on the systems I have, Tekin makes awesome stuff. If cost is about the same... Tekin all the way. And that RX8... you see that in a lot of "money is no option" builds.

Oh, and I did have an issue with one of my Castle ESC's a couple years ago, and Castle customer service - meh. I wasn't too impressed. But Tekin's is just amazing. Great people to talk to.

Sorry I can't help you more.

Oh, and welcome to RCT!

i prefer tekin as i dont need to have a comp phone or link . just my 2 cents don think youll find any difference in either

I put the Hotwire in our Ryft build just to make it easier to change settings. It's not impossibe to reach the button on the ESC, but you almost have to be a surgeon to do so. And it takes 14 screws to get the body (chassis) off of it if you want to make that an easier task 😉

Back