Which engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knights

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a old 4910 pro 15 truck and a another I built on ebay. It has the wide rpm arms and is low to the ground. You cannot roll it. It sticks Great. I am also building a Extended chasis to put the Picco .26 on. I want to go ahead and get 2 new engines for the older trucks. The wide stance truck could handle a bigger motor. I was thinking maybe a traxxas 2.5 for one and a dynamite .19 for the other. Both are cheap engines price wise. The dynamite I found is $110.00, but It will need atleast a pull starter and engine mount and every thing on the cutch side of the engine. Might have to get some parts for the linage also, not sure. I have the tmaxx pro 15 mount if it will work and also the pullstater if it will work. I also have all the cutch side of the pro 15 if it will work on the dynamite. If these things don't work, I might have $160.oo or more into it and the picco 26 is not much more than that. I don't think my stock trucks could hand the .26 though, that is why I am building the X chasiss. I would like to know what engines can I get for my older 2 trucks that would be as cheap as I could go. I want a engine big enough so that it don't get to hot pushing this big ol monster trucks around. The pro 15 seems to be working hard to push the trucks. What engines should I go with on the short stance truck? I would consider going back with the pro. 15 on the short stance truck if I could get a different heat sink that would help keep the heat down. The fuel I run says 10% oil. Most engines say run 18% oil content. What engine should I go with on the Wide stance truck? Thanks. I love this site........

Last edited:
Sirio .18 TX if you can find one. My .18 Sirio will kick the crap out of a traxxas 3.3, plus it it not that hard on the stock driveline parts. also. the O.S TZ egines are great to for the maxx trucks. Think I saw a Sirio .18 TX on egay the other day. May just check around online I bought one new for $60.00 shipped. Had a blowed 3.3 replaced with the Sirio, man that think really rips. Just takes a dang gallon of fuel to break it in properly.

If you were to get the dynamite you may as well spend the money on the new bearings bc they are known to leak after just a couple gallons of fuel. and your clutch and bell and everything should fit right onto the dynamite along with your pull start or ez start there was problems with the ez start but i think they have that lined out now. If it were me and i was trying to go cheap as possible id put a 2.5 on your low maxx. and put a 3.3 on you 2.5 wide. You can get a complete 3.3 for 125 shipped on ebay and you can get one for 85 shipped if you still have a good 2.5 carb or a 3.3 carb from a blown motor. I've never priced the 2.5s online but I'm sure they are maybe like 10 bucks cheaper. Yea i checked ebay and the 2.5r complete is 105 shipped

I might go with the traxxas 2.5 and 3.3 but I don't have the carbs. I have only had 2 pro .15 and a O.S. 15. THe Os is fast but it was hard to tune. I have it at 1 1/2 out. Runs good and has good smoke. It just needs a air filter. I have been using the one off the pro 15 until it feel apart yesterday. Its to small for the carb on the os. But that is all I had. lol.

Back