Which Engine is Your Favorite?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What is your favorite engine?

• OS CV-R Series

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Traxxas 2.5

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Mugen MT-12

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Hyper 8-port

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Personally, I think that the OS CV-R series is the best for reliability, power, and price.

I also am going with the OS CV-R. Because I have one. So there! I haven't had a lot of experience with it yet. The only other engines I have had experience with are the HPI .15FE, the AE/TTR .15, and the TRX .15 Pro. The HPI FE in stock trim is a dog and the idle fluctuates wildly while running. No LSN. And as the engine warms, the idle drops and the engine will quit. The TRX is slow. Porting helped, but was still tough. I do like my AE engine so far. Hasn't really given me too many troubles.

I'm going to say the 2.5 for the T-Maxx .15 class.
I have run the OS, Fantom TXPro, and others.

Add the Serio option on top and you have pure Rock and Roll.

The OS would be my second choice due to the reliability factor.

Sirio anything is my vote

you could rename this thread to "what engine is in your R/C" same results hehe.

I can't speak for many engines. I've seen the Torq16 (crap) the IMAGE 12 (very very old crap) the HPI NitroStar .21 (didn't run it long enough to get an impression) and the Hyper .21 8-port race version.

Can anyone guess which one I voted for? :hehe:

LOL - uh...hyper?

I just wanted to see everyone's opinions. I agree on the whole sirio thing, but didnt list it, due to the fact that not many people have every owned one, or seen one run. I have though, and all i can say is wow.

re: sirio...I've seen one on a Reflex NT. Damn thing is fast! For me, I like RB Concepts, Mugen, STS and the Ofna Hyper 8 Port.

Rex P5 gets my vote. The best bang for the buck!

I'm voting for a sirio....pretty much anything.

I voted for OS CV-R saw a .12 in a RC10 the other day and it hauled Arse...... until his tranny stripped.... but I hate the 2.5 I loved it until my crankshft decided to go bye-Bye at 2 1/4 gallons and destroyed my piston sleeve and bearings but I only had 120 so I had to rebuild it.... I was gonna get a sirio (what 120 was for) but I had to have it running by the time I bashed a kk's house and my parents wouldn't loan me some $$$$$

Oh crap sorry about the long post:tank:

sirio .18 , this engine has nothing but balls

I personally like the OS CV series of mills. The .15's have serious torque, and take a beating....

I have the MT 12 and have had it for over a year. Still runs strong. Very reliable and consistent. Sirio is turbo right? Still not caught on that just yet. I'll get to see one run this coming weekend though and see for myself.

Cut to the chase?

Any RB engine be it the S7, WS7, WS72, C4 or C5 they all scream there nuts off and produce awsome perfomance on the race or bash track. However the new picco Outlaw .26 sounds like a good engine but have yet to see one run so will stick with the tried and tested WS7/S7 till then.

NitroNick

I hate to be the negative one, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Each engine and their owner in their own right has it's own characteristics. Some owners take a great engine and fail to break it in correctly and blame the engine. Other owners take a not so great engine and break it in properly and think it's the best. It also can be safely ASSofUandMEd that different owners have different driving styles, types of terrain, weather conditions, fuel, space time continuim and so forth that dictates their answer.

I run a Fantom in my Maxx and a Hyper 8 port in my Savage. Both are great engines. Neither one might be the best, but like Pirata stated...it is all in the break in, tuning, set-up and running.

Have got a spare std Hyper 21 thats doing nothing. Keep saying i'm going to set it up on a test bed and see how fast it revs b4 it goes "pop" LOL. Naturaly will video it and put it on a site somewere:whistle:

Ning, Ning, Ning, Ning Ning, Ning, Ning, Ning, BANG! ! ! ! LOL

I need to put in a vote for RB Concepts WS7-II!!!!!!

cool screen name, nofx - I've seen them live about 10 times over the past 10 years.

Back