Which batteries should I get

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ran Zeee, Hoovo, SMC, Povway, Dynamite, Youme etc and I prefer my CNHL packs hands down. Punch is always better as is run time and I've personally not had an issue with a single pack I own over a good year and a half. I have 19 CNHL packs from 3s to 6s 5000mAh to 9500mAh and every one is still performing great. Some have sat 6+ months in storage charge in my garage reaching below 30° and no issues still like new. Have a few packs that have even been speed ran 50+ times, over a year old and still hold charge perfect and have great IR numbers also. Yes I'm sponsored by CNHL but I'm not one to lie about or make a company seem better I'll be 100% honest and tell you if something sucks or doesn't perform to my liking. I don't get paid money from them and wouldn't suggest something that sucks and make myself look bad and cause someone to waste money and be unhappy. I'm sure there are a lot of people that can vouch for that also as i try to help everyone enjoy this hobby and if I can help them save some cash also. I'd say my second choice that comes close is the Dynamite Reaction 2 packs for performance but I've had 2 of them loose a cell after 6-8 months use. If you go with CNHL send me a PM and I'll give ya a discount code to save a little cash👍🏼 Here's my CNHL collection lol, the packs circled are the packs I've speed ran over 50 times and are about a yr and a half old. No puffing still great IR and hold charge etc. View attachment 142305
Dang that's a lot of packs, but as I've found out personally, in RC, your LiPo collection grows steadily no matter what, from stock RTR batteries, to spare/replacement packs you've bought! I'll keep that coupon offer in mind should I buy any CNHL packs Edough! Interesting that you run Deans on the top packs on the shelf, some of those are pretty beefy packs. I guess that shows what Deans can handle, do you use genuine Deans or knockoffs? And are those XT90s or XT120s on the lower packs? I thought they were Traxxas plugs for a second!

Dang that's a lot of packs, but as I've found out personally, in RC, your LiPo collection grows steadily no matter what, from stock RTR batteries, to spare/replacement packs you've bought! I'll keep that coupon offer in mind should I buy any CNHL packs Edough! Interesting that you run Deans on the top packs on the shelf, some of those are pretty beefy packs. I guess that shows what Deans can handle, do you use genuine Deans or knockoffs? And are those XT90s or XT120s on the lower packs? I thought they were Traxxas plugs for a second!
Actually I will change those out to XT90's for my new Team Corally Sketer just haven't gotten to it yet. And no Dean's don't hold up all to well lol. Here's what happened when I tried to run those 4s packs with the Deans in the new Corally. Didn't like the 100A+ lol
20220216_180937.jpg

Actually I will change those out to XT90's for my new Team Corally Sketer just haven't gotten to it yet. And no Dean's don't hold up all to well lol. Here's what happened when I tried to run those 4s packs with the Deans in the new Corally. Didn't like the 100A+ lolView attachment 142395
Oh, I've seen a review on the Skeeter, seems like a relatively durable, well handling, tuneable, 4s MT basher! Deans aren't meant for that amperage! So that's what you were talking about earlier....wow! That's pretty extreme, but I know that @Greywolf74 ran his K8 on 8s with deans, but it's really not recommended! IMO deans perform best at 2-3s.

Oh, I've seen a review on the Skeeter, seems like a relatively durable, well handling, tuneable, 4s MT basher! Deans aren't meant for that amperage! So that's what you were talking about earlier....wow! That's pretty extreme, but I know that @Greywolf74 ran his K8 on 8s with deans, but it's really not recommended! IMO deans perform best at 2-3s.
The difference bring Grey ran his using actual Deans connectors, not Chinese knockoffs. You gotta watch what you buy when it comes to connectors. The plastic is a LOT better using Amass or actual Deans brand, and can handle a lot more heat.

Back