Which 12v to 110v inverter for my van?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slumpdiggitydog

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Total new guy here. I'm running a 3s lipo 5200mah and charging it with an HTRC C150 charger. Any suggestions on an inverter for my van so I can charge in the field?

isn't this a ac/dc charger . Thought it was Id just run it off my 12 car battery .

it should have come with the charger. It plugs into the side at the DC port. It a two pin plug that has alligator clips on the other end of it.

it should have come with the charger. It plugs into the side at the DC port. It a two pin plug that has alligator clips on the other end of it.
Then what? I just clip them directly to my car battery?

yes you can clip them to your car battery just make sure you have either a jump box or another car battery handy.. Id even charge a battery then start my car to let the alternator charge battery back up..I have a large power pole plug on my fun real truck to allow me to hookup my charger to . I also changed out the old battery clamps with new era one stainless steel with Allen screw locks..

I have the HTRC AC/DC 150 DUO and I use it as my dedicated charger in the car while I'm out bashing. Not the best charger, but gets the job done at 12A/150W per channel.

My car has the battery in the trunk, so I made a cable out of 12AWG silicone sheathed wire like you would use for a batterh pack. I put terminals on it and bolted them to the battery. Then I took the charger apart and installed a switch in it so I didn't have to pull the plug every time I used it. Would have been smarter to put the switch in the wire itself... hindsight...

This was before the switch install:
2018-0326-HTRC-H150ACDCDuo.jpg

and after:
2019-0420-ChargingInMyTrunk01.jpg

Be careful when using your car battery to charge. It doesn't take many charge cycles to run a battery down so far your car won't start... found that out the hard way. :(

Back