Where to Get Nitro Stampede Hop up Trans parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My 2.5 R keeps going through transmission gears like they are nothing. I would like to get something that will last for a good while. Does anyone know where to get metal transmission gears or better gears for the nitro pede. All I can find is the stock replacements.

which gears do you keep going through cause sometimes there is a deeper problem..

which gears do you keep going through cause sometimes there is a deeper problem..

well I havent looked at it this time yet. Yesterday when I was running it it stopped moving. I move the wheels and a crunching sound is heard. I believe it may be the idler gear or the gear on the inside of that which both were replaced not too long ago. I think maybe the gears are having a hard time holding up with a 2.5 R in it.

I run a classic tranny with my 3.3 and I thought the same thing but found out my tranny wasn't as tight and something else was affecting everything so just look real close at everything cause if you are blowing through gears really quick then there might be a spot that is binding up to create extra friction to keap blowing gears.. something could be running alittle lose in the tranny aswell.. take a fine tooth comb and you might be surprised as to what you find.

Back