Where to buy Blade CX2 Parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So I just bought my first heli, and E Flite Blade CX2, and got a great deal. Has a lot of Xtreme upgrade parts Jr ds285 servos and all aluminum upgrades. Overall in very great shape but could use a few goodies, like a new canopy to help protect my electronics and the stabilizer flybar set.

I've been flying the similar heli on my flight sim and really like the simplicity. I can fly the 3d's on the sim and do quite well, inverted, etc... but I can see me tearing one up quick in reality land.

Where can I buy parts and upgrades for my Blade CX2? I'm looking for a good price and a reliable merchant. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached is a crappy pic from the craigslist post. Will get better pics soon.

Attachments

• 010105011505010400200808197071e1c0ba3cf9105a002f27.jpg
    010105011505010400200808197071e1c0ba3cf9105a002f27.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 209
Congrats on the new blade. It is a very fun and relaxing heli to fly.

This thread just reminded me that I need to order some parts for mine. The center shaft is bent and the heli won't keep it's course anymore.

This one is perfect for the type of flying I like to do. I mean, we have flown the crap out of the micro parkzone citabria and started making our own foamies in the garage now. Garden Cub is what were starting out with, we've got a prototype made now, going to cut the wings for it tonight.

I've just always fancied a heli, now I own one.

What site do you order parts from Dom?

With winter approaching, I will have to dust off my CX2.

Have you guys seen the new mini blade CX?

I plan on picking one up when they are released.

Hehehe, oh yeah. Cat terror in the house! :)

What site do you order parts from Dom?

I either get parts from the Hobby Town USA next to my work or from Amain.

Have you guys seen the new mini blade CX?

I plan on picking one up when they are released.

I just got the latest Horizon Hobby catalog and saw the mini Blade on the cover. I like the fact that you can buy it sans transmitter for $100 and bind it to the TX that came with the CX2.

Local hobby store I know carried a lot of parkzone and such, so gave them a shot and turns out she carries an entire pegboard of parts for the cx2! Got a new flybar for like $6. Got to do a little more tweaking, but it floats very nice in the air. Waiting on my lipos to charge now, hopefully get some stick time in again tonight. Flew it around the house so nice, the cats went nuts! Man, I think I've found a new passion. :)

Blades, lots of them. But I've figured out that this bird doesn't like the e-flite lipos. They drain down so fast it has enough time to lift into the air maybe once and then the most I can get is a 2-3 foot hover. Broke a few blades before I decided to tape on the 900mah lipo to see how it fared. I was pleasantly surprised. She flies very well, LOTS of control with the servos installed. Has a lot of speed, too much for the house.

I did take it to the hobby shop as she said she was an expert on them. She looked at it and told me it was a jerrie-rigged piece of #@%@ and wouldn't even answer a simple question. Hours of reading, lots of tinkering, and I realize she's just a dumbass. It flies great, and all I see on youtube are people who have this Xtreme kit installed and they all fly just as well as this one.

I wished my LHS had the original owner back, ever since her father passed away that shop has went to the crapper.

I picked up the mini 2 weeks ago at HT.

The little bugger is fun as hell and offers the same control as it's big brother.

I need to get another battery pack for it so I can increase the fun time.

My BCX2 is now a parts donor for my scratch build foamy 3d plane. Started fixing here and there, and realized it would end up costing over $100 to get it back "right". Never buy a used heli unless you really know what you're doing.

Seen the Micro at HobbyTownUSA the other day, it's sweet but expensive. Tiny little booger though. The cats would love it. I may buy one for just that reason.

My BCX2 is now a parts donor for my scratch build foamy 3d plane. Started fixing here and there, and realized it would end up costing over $100 to get it back "right". Never buy a used heli unless you really know what you're doing.

Seen the Micro at HobbyTownUSA the other day, it's sweet but expensive. Tiny little booger though. The cats would love it. I may buy one for just that reason.

so you just quit flying it? Mine has everything aluminum on it and flies great but i get maybe 4 minutes on the battery. I was thinking the motors were shot and dragging on me so i was looking at new motors. I am wondering if its even worth my time.

It's now in a scratch built plane. I ordered 5 brushless outrunners, 2 brushless speed controllers, 6 micro servos, 6 props, and 2 prop savers from china for like $110 shipped. They are pretty nice too. So we've been building scratch foamy planes. The damage on my CX2 to replace would have bought me a new CX2, so to me it just wasn't justified. It was a hackjob of a heli, should have never bought it. The servos and radio gear made it worth the purchase though.

I need to get some pics up of our planes. They're pretty awesome. The last plane we built cost $1, minus electronics.

Helis are all about balance, upgrading the CX2 requires great knowledge of helis. A few grams out of balance will make it fly like garbage. Too much weight? Same thing. There are guys now getting 15-20 minutes of flight out of an 800mah pack because their heli is so light and well balanced. It's just too much work for me, I like planes and cars.

Last edited:
Here is where most of my spare parts from my BCX2 went. I got the plans for this plane online and dad has a giant plotter at work that I used to print my templates. I used the sheets of foam you buy at the hobby shop for the first two 3dx planes that I built, the other plane was built using the sheets of foam board you buy for like $1 at the dollar store. Just peel the paper off them and there ya' go. It's slightly thicker, so I will use it on my next 3dx if I crash this one beyond repair. The servos are in another plane that I forgot to take pictures of, but I use my spectrum TX/RX for all my planes, I just swap them over to the plane I want to fly. I use my lipo from the heli in these planes as well. The light weight gives me about 15 minutes of flight, less when performing acrobatics or 3d. Overall, I don't feel I lost anything out of the deal.

I also have a box of BCX2 parts if anyone is in need, just let me know, I may have it. I did just buy a new blue police canopy that is in new condition.

Sorry my shop is such a mess, lol.

P1100442.jpg

P1100439.jpg

P1100448.gif

Dad's plane built for less than $3.00 (Not counting electronics). Uses the foam boards that you can buy for less than a dollar, will fly slow and acrobatic very well. Painted this one with sharpie markers, I like using the printed decals better. I use blank avery decal sheets on my 3dx because the plans also included the decal sheets.

P1100443.jpg

Yep, if you have a HobbyTown USA locally, they have all the parts, including the bodies.

HobbyTown has all the parts for the Eflite Blade MCX,CX,CX2,CX3,CP,CP Pro,Blade 400.....:third_place:

I know I be at Hobbytown in the morning.... My CX2 feel from the sky.. Found every limb in the tree under it......

One of the motor burned up in mid flight.......:angry:

Back