Wheely King?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revoracer322

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My lhs has a used wheely king I've been eyeballing to turn into a crawler. Is the wheely king a good start an a good crawler? what would need to be done to it?

I want a inexpensive way into crawling but i dont want to buy a rtc rig cus thats no fun to me. Anyways an advice/opinions would be great. Thanks!

Axial ax-10 scorpion kit would be the best/cheapest/most capable rig out the box. and believe me........ it is NOT AT ALL put together for you. Heres a bag of metal links, plastic parts, some gears, and a poop-ton of screws. Have at it!

Alpine is right plus the wheely king isnt near as good in my opinion as an axial, axial had HUGE after market support.

Alpine is right plus the wheely king isnt near as good in my opinion as an axial, axial has HUGE after market support.

Fixed that for ya buddy, LOL!!! If you are thinking about going the Axial AX10 route look at some of my post on my rig and you will see what a AX10 can turn into with all of the after market support that is available

Fixed that for ya buddy, LOL!!! If you are thinking about going the Axial AX10 route look at some of my post on my rig and you will see what a AX10 can turn into with all of the after market support that is available

Ok I think I will go with the axial if i can find one. Now let me take a min to say your rig is amazing. I went back an looked at most of your posts an just that alone gave me the bug. I'm still not sure on a few things but I will get there.

Well Ill let you guys know what I find an keep you updated. I'm sure I will have tons of questions. Thanks!

Good luck. Axials are for sure a good way to get into crawling with a shafty, so are the losi comp crawlers or even the way cheap Venom creeper.

Ok I think I will go with the axial if i can find one. Now let me take a min to say your rig is amazing. I went back an looked at most of your posts an just that alone gave me the bug. I'm still not sure on a few things but I will get there.

Well Ill let you guys know what I find an keep you updated. I'm sure I will have tons of questions. Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment, I really like my AX10 comp rig and we will all be glad to help guide you on making good choices so you don't waste a lot of unnecessary money on parts you don't need or that there are better versions of.:D

:\
Thanks for the compliment, I really like my AX10 comp rig and we will all be glad to help guide you on making good choices so you don't waste a lot of unnecessary money on parts you don't need or that there are better versions of.:D

I appreciate it! Well I'm looking at one now an if I'm able to make a deal i will let you know an let the questions start rolling. lol. Thanks!!

First question will most likely be how to post pics lol :\

Get a photobucket account.

Back