Wheely King battery Top Link holder

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webbage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been banging my head on the wall trying to find an idea for holding the battery on the top links of my Wheely King's front axle. I hit upon it tonight, I thought it worked so well I'd show it off :)

Basically, it's just a plate that sits in front of the top mount of the axle (mine is locked off with the ball joint removed). The screw that's through mine to the top link mount holds it on and the axle casing stops it rotating (I filed it down perfectly so it sits along the top of the casing). It doesn't take much weight, and mine's a bit thick because 1/8th plate was all I had in stock for it. The Y cut out at the top to let the wire out is kinda optional. I did it like that as my battery cable is rigged that way, I guess you could use it either way around. I found the battery nestled nicer into the links by the tranny that way around. The cable outlet in the end of the stick pack is sleeved too so it sits between the V and stops it sliding sideways.

Velcro straps are needed to hold the battery still, one at each end works best for me.

2643628680_04f591d4b4_b.jpg

Looks good! I like the servo mount too.I always like it when you can make parts as appossed to buying them. That's what adds that personal touch to our rigs! Whenever I can I make my own parts.

Looks good! I like the servo mount too.I always like it when you can make parts as appossed to buying them. That's what adds that personal touch to our rigs! Whenever I can I make my own parts.

I actually bought the servo plate off rcguy.com, but it *is* a very well made plate. I didn't fancy trying that myself - it's a nightmare on the WK axle because of the diff casing holes being recessed into the casing itself.

I've made a few bits of this rig though, and altered it a fair way from stock too, so it's got my personal touch :)