Wheely King Basher Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok i decided after looking at the scx and wheely king that for a basher mud truck just to sink and throw mud everywhere, you can't beat a wheely king.

So i have some stuff coming to the house for this build.

WK roller
HD ring and pinions
Waterproof XL5
Waterproof 2075 steering servo
2.2 mud slingers on pede wheels
Enerland 2S 5100 hard pack lipo

i think thats it.

let talk!

yep. i still have a little research to do but i figure i am going to outrun all the nimh guys anyway. I will have an led readout for voltage to be sure. I have some designs to run through switchercad and then i can build something.

Very nice. I can't decide what imma do yet. U picked up a wheely king yet?

Ahh didnt see the roller. You gona have it dont b4 the g2g?

yes sir.

all i need is a radio and i think i have an hpi stocker in the attic.

i think i might have to go withsome 2.2s on mine to gain some clearance

yeah right son 1.9s r glued and not going anywhere you know me and gluin tires. keeep the 1.9s we can pull the WK ot

keep it on 1.9's

Me and chip will roll 2.2's. I don't know what smaxxin and alpine are running but we'll have a battle.

if nobody else is scared, we should have pulling contests going bumper to bumper.

thanks for the link but I hate the novak smart stops. it caused glitching in my last setup.

i will find or build what i need.

IMO the best thing that can be done to a Wheely King is mod or replace the chassis! I made one using the stock chassis as a start but I removed the lower section and raised the tranny and motor. The extra ground clearance is worth raising the tranny!

not a bad idea but where your pinon angles still acceptable? did you clock the axles to make up for it? i know the plastic is rather flimsy. does anyone make a decent chassis for it.

I made my chassis out of a cutting board, the pinion angle is fine. With the stock C's the pinion is already rotated up so lifting it wasn't a problem.

so what 40 series rims can i mount on axial axles lol

ok i got everything in and started the build. The first problem i ran into was the fact that the maximizer lockers will not work with the HD ring and pinion. This put me in a bind because i want to run locked but i have broken the ring and pinion on a WK before and i don't want that to happen again. I got the front fitted with the HD gearset but now i can't decide what to do with the rear. I had some lunsford turnbuckles from another truck i wan't using so i used those as lower links in the front and rotated the mounts to get a hair more wheelbase.
Few pictures in a minute

DSC02184.gif

DSC02183.gif

DSC02185.gif

DSC02186.gif

had to shave the shaft to fit the HD gearset.
DSC02188.gif

DSC02191.gif

To raise the pinion angle
DSC02192.gif

DSC02193.gif

DSC02194.gif

DSC02195.gif

DSC02196.gif

DSC02197.gif

DSC02198.gif

DSC02199.gif

DSC02200.gif

Far from done but its a start

Does the lipo fit in the stock location?