wheels won't turn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firestorm1967uk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi Got problem with savage x

the problem is I ran it before christmas did all the cleaning and used the after run care when I charged the humpack battery and the rechargable batteries for the handset last weekend I found that the front wheels would not turn they twitched when I turned the truck on it's self but when I tried to turn the wheels with the handset they just would not turn at all I'm not sure what it could be I have a feeling that it could be the humpack battery pack but I'm only about 40% on that.

any help wopuld be gratefull

Neil :(

You need to raise it off the ground. Trying to turn the wheels without running it is tough on the servo.
Does the throttle/brake servo work?

If you have a volt meter (or a charger that can check/display charge level) make sure your battery is fully charged. If the battery is fine, check your servo wires. Look for nicks or breaks in the wire and that it's firmly seated into the receiver.

Is the throttle servo still working fine? It could be a nicked antenna wire or loose connection at the receiver/antenna solder point if the problem is on both throttle/steering.

Also (and I had this happen to me) make sure you don't have anything mucking up the ackerman & steering travel which would physically prevent the steering from moving. I once bolted my steering back together to the chassis and forgot the bearings... steering don't work so well when things are tightegned down like that :)

Thank's

Thank you for the reply

nothing seems to be working I can put brake on and the brake rod doesn't move or even the throttle I'm going to take the humpack battery out and replace it with the ordinary batteries see if that does anything. Then if that fails it's going to my local hobby shop for them to have a look at it.

thank you again for the time and consideration in reading and replying to this message

Neil