wheels spin after turning off transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I've always had this issue of having to turn the ESC off before the transmitter. If i turn the transmitter off first, the car takes off. Its a hobbywing Max10 SCT, and I have never quite figured out how to remedy this. Is this considered a failsafe set up in the transmitter or is it in the ESC. Honestly neither manual spell this problem out so I'm at a bit of a loss. Anyone ever had this issue and was able to dix it? My Tekno with the Max8 doesn't do this. I'm using the spektrum DX3 transmitter with SR315 receiver.

You should never turn the transmitter off first. There is no way to control the car if your transmitter is off.

Always turn on transmitter first when starting, and turn it off last when finishing, or else the receiver doesn't know what you want it to do.

all very good input. thanks. I have just pretty much tried to make it habit to do exactly that, transmitter on first, transmitter off last. Its just the one time that I dont follow my own protocol.......

Great news! I read through my ESC manual and did the throttle end point set up, it was something I never bothered doing. Well that solved this issue. My kid turned the truck off first and I snatched it up quick expecting some wheel spin..........nothing happened.
Still the habit doesn't die because I still worry, Transmitter on first, off last.