Wheelies and more wheelies.. so many powurrss!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing

Little video i made of my savage yesterday doin some nice wheel stands!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Pretty impressive. Stock pipe and gearing?

Nice!! I like my XL but I like my shorter versions better. The XL handles better partially because they have extended axles giving it a wider stance. Wider is better. My new Savage that I am building, I am putting the XL 5.9 axles in it, with those wide tires and wide stance it gets from the axels, it should handle really good. I have never ran a LRP 32, I hope mine runs like yours!!

everything on this build is stock except the mill, servos, and throttle linkage. i couldnt give it 100% throttle 90% of the time due to it flipping on its lid everytime i nailed it from the get go... this is the power you get on a GOOD break in ;) I've not tuned this engine yet and havent even put a gallon through it, waiting for a full gallon to tune:first_place:

here in a few days I'm gonna get to a back country road and attach my gopro to the side looking downward at the ground and try to capture a few hundred feet of wheely, its far fatched, but i honestly think its possibly

---------- Post added at 7:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:22 PM ----------

Nice!! I like my XL but I like my shorter versions better. The XL handles better partially because they have extended axles giving it a wider stance. Wider is better. My new Savage that I am building, I am putting the XL 5.9 axles in it, with those wide tires and wide stance it gets from the axels, it should handle really good. I have never ran a LRP 32, I hope mine runs like yours!!

@elwood, if you take time to break it in just right it will be running great just like this. I had this in the same truck when it was converted to an XL with masher tires, but i decided to convert back for some fun.. I think any more power than this LRP .32 in a savage X is just a waste of power... this motor has plenty, but for an XL its PERFECT. Was just trying out both set ups with this engine, and like the end of the video says, ill stick with the stock X length for a while. It is more amusing

Last edited by a moderator:
tell me about it... its not just acceleration, but you see a few runs in the vid that are going insanely fast, and its not even been at top speed. I can't get in an open area to get a good speed run lol.. i can give it half throttle and it will STILL hit second gear and i hammer it, and it will wheelie and flip! I'm not NOT displeased with LRP.. and once again, my 8 tank break in method i did woke this engine up with great accuracy

Put a clocked picco in it and you will wet your pants.

it would be nice for my XL. but i want to be able to hande my X ;P This power is more than enough for my liking on my X. I am going to get a picco for my xl and have it modded though. but this is just SO perfect for this X

I'm a married man, settling is my thing lol

some stupid kid commented on the video saying that he could tell when i leaned out the "f4.6" and i wasn't getting the performance i wanted out of it.. Well common sense says at the beginning and end of the video hat this is the LRP and its not even been tuned yet. Some peoples stupidity never cease to amaze me:)

oh how i miss running this beast...

What happened to it? Why not run it?

That is an awesome truck.

Last edited:
just got into rock crawlers. its sitting under my work bench all sad and whatnot