Whats Your Local And Favorite RC Shop?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 2 HobbyTownUSA's... both 45 min. away. I wouldn't really say there my favorites, just the only thing I got.

Brownies Hobbies, Staten Island NY. 15 minutes away. I have become very good friends with the owner. Not because I wanted great discounts, Just because he's a nice guy.
We go racing together and all.
Good people. No website.

Last edited:
HobbyTown in Rockford IL. It's about 40 minutes away and I really like the guy that runs it.

Al's hobby shop in Elmhurst IL isn't bad either, but they are always so busy that it's hard to ask questions. It's about an hour away.

Don't have a favorite local, so I use Towr hobbies and nitrohouse

the closest is C&C Hobby the guys theres a nice guys he has his shop on the bottom of his house and he lives up top with his family he only has parts for a few RC's like Savage, MAXX, and like 2 or 3 other buggys i go there when i just need a small or stock part or a fast replacment.

The other which is my favorite is Big Boys Toys its further away actually theres 2 of them but the other is like 45 mins away. They have a HUGE selection of stock and hop ups lots of dynamite stuff too lots of engines and huge selections of other things. Along with LOTS and LOTS of dirtbike, Quad and Water sport stuff all kinds of gear and they also sell dirtbikes and pocket rocket motor cycles waverunners they have 2 raptors. The have poop loads of stuff in that store. NO websites for them though

The closest hobby shop to me is AVF Hobbies Thier supposed to be the best in southern Ontario. I'm only 30 sec away from them. Theres another one farther in town but i have no need for it avf has everythin i need

ultimate hobbies is my favorite.very low prices...

My local and favorite hobby shop is Debbie's RC World.

They have everything I need almost everytime I go there.

My local is called Bakers Craft and hobby. It sucks ass bigtime. They dont have poop there. Alot of Walmart style R/c's, a couple models, and craploads of Pokomon/dragon ball Z type playing card crap. They dont even have fuel for my planes or my trucks. They suck... Did I mention that??

So I use Towerhobbies.com the most and have also bought from hobbyPeople.com that they were good too.

J&C's hobby in Penn Hills Pa. 10 minutes from my house and have almost everything I need. If they don't have it they order it and have it just as fast as I would if I ordered from Tower.They also don't charge me tax on my items!!

My fav is NYC Hobbies just because they treat you right and don't try to rape you. Came to know the owner (Bobby aka SpongeBob) as well as the other guys in the shop very well.

They, as a whole, are well versed in the hobby and compliment each other in talent and attitude. It's also a plus that they took my brother and I under their wing and are sponsoring us to go racing and fly their banner as well as setting up shop at the track.

GREAT bunch of guys!

I don't think any of the local RC shops are all that good. They don't carry enough product, staff is rarely knowledgable, and prices are typically high.

Most of this they can fix....

I know that a hobby shop can't possibly carry every product, every part, for every RC. BUT IMO, if they tend to favor or recommend a particluar RC car (e.g. T-Maxx) they should stock replacement parts and hop-ups.

I think MHOR here in Metro-Denver is probably the best for Electric. They carry Losi and AE cars, and usually have EVERY spare and after-market parts for those.

But for Nitro, nothing much at all....

I like Tower Hobbies. They're prices are not necessarily cheaper, but they aren't the most expensive either. BUT they have a great website that tells you what they have in stock AND they ship really fast. I can break something on the weekend, order Sunday night and have the parts in hand before the next weekend.

They messed up my order once. They were very FAST to correct it.

So, IMO, Tower Hobbies is great

Tower because they are the only hobby shop without a smart ass that thinks they are a R/C god.

My Favorite is 105 Hobbys in Queens the owner has been in the same location for more than 45 years & he is real good to me sort of like a father to a lot of us who hang out there. Always giving us tips on how to improve & the staff is very experienced in the hobby

over here i got 3 shops. hobby people, discount hobby ware house, and diamond hobbies. i mainly use hobby people (even though te people that work there are jerks) ecause they have all the parts for my rustler and x-terminator. discount hobby has the nicest and most knowledgable staff, but they rarely have any parts, so i just go there when i need help with something.

105 Hobbys in Queens
They been around for more than 40years before all the online Co came on board.
I like to support my Hobby shop so I know if there is any problems they are there to help out.

I only have one near me and it's 50 mins away. An older man runs it. He has some nice r/c's but it's like he does it for the money not the love of the hobby. Some times he's a real @SS. but most of the time he has what i need when i build up a list consisting of 5 things or over so the trip is worth wild. Other than that i have to eagarly anticipate the little white truck and the big brown truck. Hobbyetc.com is my fav....also his grand daughter hangs out there sometimes and she's a real hottie with a body..."so you like rc's i like rc's...we both like rc's..." I'm so in love just imagine the potential!

Both LHS near me are nothing special. One is ghetto as hell and while its fun to bullshit with the guys there they have very little in stock and the owner is always pushing his "deal of the day" which is usually not what you need or want. The other is just not friendly at all. Prices a little high and while they usually have anything you need its a very dry transaction. Pick a part, pay for it, be on you way...

Of all the hobby shops I been to, spoken to, bought from online, I like Horizon Hobbies the best. Always friendly when I call. Always willing to wrk out any problems. They lost a shipment of mine then when they found it and I got it, it was the wrong part. They overnighted me the correct one at no extra charge to me.