What's your funny RC story?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinRazorback

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
If you have any funny stories to tell on anything RC related let us know.

Track Chaos!

Ill try to make it short as I am long winded.

Well I go to the local track, running in a Ralleigh race. Cool! I like Ralleigh races! Well after all is done we get to 'free-for-all' around the track. Meanwhile, I got my groove on and am feeling pretty happy about myself and how well I'm driving. I come around the back turn, gun it down the straight, watchin my Maxx rip azz down the way, and WHAM!!!! Right into a *parked* Losi and a *parked* Maxx. Needless to say I knocked the Losi out for the day and watched my buddy Jump about 5 feet when I hit his truck WHILE he was trying to get it started. Scared the crud right out of him!

Dang people stopped on a track and dont even say anything while they are on the stand. No, I wasn't looking down the straight for PARKED cars, I was just watching my own as I should be.

The marshalls were backing up against the fence every time I passed thereafter. Like as if I did something wrong lol......

Funny to me - you woulda had to have been there...... I put the fear of god into a few that day..... GO TMAXX!

I bet that was funny. I had a similar incident with my uncle. First of all, let me preface this by saying when my uncle drives, well, um, it's kinda crazy. Never know where he is going. When he first got his Maxx he was all over the place. I have never seen a Maxx at full speed make a sharp left to avoid my brother, go underneath a ladder, turn right to barely miss my tire and go balls to the wall underneath my truck. Never let off the throttle once. My brother and I were laughing so hard that we couldn't even fuss about it. Anyways, back to my story. So my brother and I are racing around our track, keeping an eye on our trucks and keeping an eye on our uncle's truck out of the corner of our eye. We like to call him the "T factor" (T is the intial of his first name). So I'm zipping down the straight with my GT and what appears in front of my truck? You guessed it. My uncle's GT full speed GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! At the last second I turned but it was too late as we each lost an arm and I bent my turnbuckles. It wasn't funny at the time but is funny now. Thankfully he drives much better now.

Racing on the paved oval with nitro trucks, we had a guy that drove real dirty; He has now been ban from the track.

He was trying to pick people off going into the turns by taping their back wheel with his front. He was doing this to the race leader even though he was 1 lap down. The next time he tried the race leader taped on his brake causing the jerk to go airborne. This in itself was funny, however, the jerks RC ended up on the windshield of his own truck putting a large starfish on the drivers side.

So not only did he get his RC trashed he had to call a mobile windshield repair place to come out on a Sunday, got ban, and has to listen to the crowd applaud.

ROFLMBO Eddy! Thats what the idiot get for being an idiot! The man works in mysterious ways I tell ya!

Razor - I can completey relate. Gave my brother in law the controls to my RC ONCE. That was the first and LAST time he will ever touch it. WOT the WHOLE time. Totally disregarded my comments about the brake.

Too bad I wasn't closer, would enjoy a bash session with you all I'm sure!

Yep, it almost always turns into a "bash" session one way or another.

Bashing at the local BMX track...blasting the wrong way across a big table top jump...I hit a kid on his bike! Luckily it hit the front of his bike and not the kid...he'd have been dead and I'd have been sued for all I was worth.

Video clip of the whole thing on my site...under Skunks Vids...

My friggin site is getting HAMMERED...too many visitors - check back later...

http://www.MaxxSkunkworks.com

Retread- I remember seeing that vid when you first posted it over at the Traxxas board. That was hilarious, especially the sound of your T smacking into that kids bike :eek:

nd