What's this stuff worth on the street?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an 85 Mustang GT Convertible I'm selling and I just had a guy offer me some RC Stuff in trade. Wanted to get a gauge on the street price for it all, since I have no desire (yet) to own 5 RC vehicles! lol

1. HPI RS4 EVO - Nitro
2. OFNA Monster Pirate with a Truckzilla .46 Engine Kit installed
3. Traxxas T-Maxx (not sure if it's a 1.5 or 2.5 yet)
4. Traxxas Revo with an OFNA .21 Turbo and TONS of spare parts

Plus spare parts/tires for all of them....I expect 1 spare body per vehicle etc etc etc. All are RTR from what he says. Includes several glow plug ignitors and fuel and the typical stuff. Not sure if a charger is in his lot yet.

Any ideas on what this stuff is worth? I had the Mustang Vert up for $2000 OBO.

Last edited:
Sorry to say but at resale value those rigs might add up to about 700-800 bucks tops. I would say it's not worth the trade, but again we don't know the condition of the Mustang.

If resale is 700-800, not worth my time ;-) Mustang at book value is @ $4000-ish. It needs some TLC, but it's road worthy so I'm asking half of book on it just to get it out of my sight. lol I bought an 88 as a daily driver. Just trying to recover the 2K I put into the 85....at a loss, but I got the 88 for $700 so I'm WAY ahead on that one.

Even brand new those rigs wouldn't hit $2000. That's $500 per rig, I believe only the Revomay have sold for that new. The RS4 Evo, about 300-350 new, a T-Maxx 350-400 new, and the Ofna MP imo is not a good monster truck, and is waaaaay outdated at this point.

One of our members picked up two used .15 T-Maxxes here on our forum for $60 for the both, the resale value on a tmaxx is very low now that there are much newer platforms out there.

So that estimate I gave you first was even a bit on the heavy side, that was only because of the Revo.

Also, not knowing the condition, break in, or care that was given to the engines, they may be on their last legs or close to it.

Yeah I hear ya. The Revo is pretty pimped out from the pics I saw, but still. lol

Yeah, unless one of them has $1000 cash jammed in the receiver box... at the very most you'd be getting $1000 worth of stuff. That's if you didn't take a bit of time on ebay to buy it all for $600-$800.

I already told him I would take the RC Stuff + $1200 ;-)

.One of our members picked up two used .15 T-Maxxes here on our forum for $60 for the both, the resale value on a tmaxx is very low now that there are much newer platforms out there.

Someone got a helluva deal IMO! :D

I'd say Joe's got you covered on this one, MT's in general are falling off on resale prices. $1200 + the rc stuff may not be a bad deal if you want to have a nice variety of rigs for yourself to run.

well i gotta my Revo 2.5 in nearly perfect condition for just £60
and it's really not worth it to trade an real 1/1 car for some tiny toys....

Yhea for a 85 GT thats a good tear I have one waiting to get restarod. And I get 2,500 dollar offers on it weekly. So like they said if you want a bigger fleet of RC trucks do it. but some one is getting a hella deal.You must have the RC bug bad.

Nah. I ended up selling the Stang for cash a few weeks back now. $1700 :-( Oh well...at least it's gonezo now! I fed my RC bug in other ways. lol

Well at least you replaced the stang with another one lol. I love my stang. 94 gt manual red convertible practically 95% stock
CIMG4561.jpg

Nice looks like you got yourself a good deal on that baby. but i see what happened to the shaft and the tranny. looks like though you are no stranger to stangs so shes now in good hands! :)
Have fun with the new baby

Back