whats the best way to connect a wire back together

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallymonster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
one day a was pouting battereys in my rc car. when i saw one of my wires was broken so when i told my cousin, yammaha, he said we should sauder it.
thanks for any anwsers.

Last edited:
One day I was putting batteries in my RC car. When I saw one of my wires was broken, so when I told my cousin Yamaha, he said we should solder it.
Thanks for any answers.

Fixed, and yes you should solder and heat shrink the wires to prevent any shorts.

Spelling, grammar, capitalization

In order to effectively communicate, a minimum standard of spelling, grammar, and capitalization must be upheld. Threads that are so poorly written that it is difficult or impossible to decipher will receive warnings or infractions. Warnings/infractions will NOT be given for a random typo or a misused comma. The purpose of this is to ensure all posts easily communicate their point; we're not trying to force everyone to be polished writers. Posts that are well written tend to get better results, though, so it is to everyone's benefit to put some time an effort into this.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/view_rules_and_terms_of_service.htm

DUCT TAPE ! Lol . P.s not advised

Solder it and cover the joint with heat shrink tubing.

In an emergency, an insulated butt splice can also be used.

Look up western union splice that way you don't have a damn speed bump in you wiring.:hehe:

A soldered Western union splice is the only way to go when splicing wire.

Hey I've been doing that for years, never knew it had a name.

where the wire broke is where it goes from the reciever to the on/off switch.
soudering it is the only way i can think of?

where the wire broke is where it goes from the reciever to the on/off switch.
soudering it is the only way i can think of?

If there is enough sticking out yes then solder it together and tape it or heat shrink tubing that should do it.:D

Back