Whats the best out there?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Need facts and personal info on some nitro MTs that are out there..............kinda like that tmaxx 3.3 and the truck called a mgt 8.0

You can ask 10 different people and you will get 10 different answers. It really all depends on what you will be doing and what's your expectations. I have a T maxx 3.3 and a revo 3.3 and in my personal opinion the revo is hands down the best all around truck. Now thats my opinion I have some buddies that swear by the HPI Savage and they are great trucks so really depends on what your looking for. I will tell you this though my revo will hands down out handle and is way better than my t maxx. The t maxx is good but it's kinda top heavy and is hard to control at high speeds and flips a lot easier than a revo. Hope this helps. Revo is easier to work on too and is built a little better than the t maxx in my opinion as well.

---------- Post added at 8:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:37 PM ----------

You can ask 10 different people and you will get 10 different answers. It really all depends on what you will be doing and what's your expectations. I have a T maxx 3.3 and a revo 3.3 and in my personal opinion the revo is hands down the best all around truck. Now thats my opinion I have some buddies that swear by the HPI Savage and they are great trucks so really depends on what your looking for. I will tell you this though my revo will hands down out handle and is way better than my t maxx. The t maxx is good but it's kinda top heavy and is hard to control at high speeds and flips a lot easier than a revo. Hope this helps. Revo is easier to work on too and is built a little better than the t maxx in my opinion as well.

I must say this before I get everyone on me about there truck is better. This is my opinion not facts! There are a lot of great r/c out there you just have to find the one thats will suit all your needs or buy multiple r/c's for different occasions.

i agree everyone has there opinion

i have tmaxx's,revo,savage,monster gt and losi lst
they are all good
i think on this one you will have to choose

one thing to think about if you are new to the hobby and if you go to your local hobby shop to puchase a truck what do they have in stock and what parts do they carry

you do not want to buy a truck that they have no parts for unless you are ok on waiting a few day until your parts come in

I'll recommend either the Savage or the Revo.
T-Maxx is a fun truck, but given the flaws that Revo 3.3 pointed out, the T-Maxx (IMO) is a distant third after those two and you can find parts for them anywhere.

i have and love the t maxx. but i dont race, only bash and have fun. i have friends who have the revo 3.3 and will admit that the revo handles better, i would agree it's personal preference, based on what you want to do. i'm an old school Mt guy and i love my maxx, truth is any of the 3 will give you hours of fun.

Do yu have a lhs around you? If so you might want to consider Tmaxx just because the availability of replacement parts. I havent been in a lhs that doesn't have at least 1 wall dedicated to traxxas product. Myself I have a Maxx and a MGT 4.6. Theres no compitition for me as I love the MGT over the Maxx any day. But like everyone says its all personal preferences

The revo gets my vote.
It's pretty tough and can handle a better engine with very few mods. If you were to ebay the brand new 3.3 and get a picco 26, mount, exhaust, and clutch you'd have one nasty, awesome handling rc truck.