what's more expenive, gas or electric rc cars?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C car guy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what's more expenive, gas or electric rc cars?

It depends on how you look at it. Out of the box, a RTR Electric is cheaper than a RTR Nitro. As far as everything else, it's all what you put into it. You can spend as much or more than the other either way you go.
BTW, you only need to post the same thread once. As many member as there are on this forum, it will be seen!

I say in the long run that Nitro will probably be more expensive just cuz of the sheer cost of replacing a nitro motor. You can get like 2 or 3 electric motors sometimes even about five of them compared to the cost of 1 nitro motor. Nitro is funner too. Later

i posted in gas and electric becuase i thought some poeple may only go into gas or only into electric.

newnitrofan- in a way u are right, but i know guys at the lhs that have electric on road cars that are easily worth over $2,000. they have $200 dollor motors, $100 battery packs and all of that other good stuff. but then again i have easily over $2000 in my supermaxx

bryan

Either way u look at it u are going to spend money. Electric is cheaper in the long run. Nitro gets expensive: glow plugs, fuel, batteries, tires,etc...

I have both, and it never stops. With Electrics, you are buying very expensive batteries and chargers to get more speed. With Nitro you are buying fuel and glow plugs. I'd say electric is slightly cheaper if you take care of the batteries.

I agree with everyone whole heartdly. It's all relative because when it comes down to it you are going to be buying hop up parts and all that good stuff. I guess with my personal tastes that electric would be cheeper since I would pretty much keep it stock and be happy with it that way. Later