What's going wrong!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deviousduck

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Got my truggy going eventually, but now I'm just burrning through servo's! After half a little run, they seem to just jam up completely to the right and wont release.... I have just been using the LRP 9kg steering servos. I took one of the broken ones apart to find the pins for the gears bent.. Do I need stronger, is the car set up wrong, will a servo saver help!!! can anyone help!!

Thanks!

Make sure you set the End Point Adjustment (EPA) properly on your radio or you WILL burn out a servo quickly if you are over-extending it. You want your servos to stop pulling/pushing when either your wheels stop turning or your carb slide clears the carb neck. You don;t want the servo yanking the wheels when they can't turn any further....nor the throttle when it can;t come out any further. If your engine moves when you pull full throttle....your EPA is set too far out ;-)

Most truggies have a built in servo saver (every one I've seen has at least). It sounds like you may be using too weak of a servo for the servo saver to deal with.

On one of the posts that your steering linkage is tied too, do you see a spring/knurl nut? If so, you have a saver built in. If there is a knurled nut, then you may be able to adjust it by backing the nut off a bit. This will allow the saver to break free easier.

If yours isn't adjustable, then really the only thing you can do is get a better servo or put a servo mount saver on the servo. Those are relatively weak though...

My first thought was that your end point adjustment isn't set properly.
Slowly turn the wheels until they stop moving and if you can still turn the wheel and hear the servo straining, that's your problem.
Then refer to your manual how to set the EPA.

Think you were right about the EPA!! I bought a new Thunder tiger ACE DS1015 servo... That is sick by the way!! torque and speed is absolutely amazing!! Anyway after I fitted it I put the EPA right down on the steering and held the steering full lock and started turning up the percentage and was at full lock by 65%. 70%+ was trying to pull the wheels off I noticed! Loosened the nut for the servo saver on the truggy too it was stiff as hell!! But I think and hope thats it all sorted now, Thanks for all the help!

Anytime duck. I did the same with my first few rigs.....my throttle servo was trying to yank my engine off the mounts at one point. lol

Back