whats faster a tmaxx 3.3 or savage 4.9

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racendad6

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok so i was wondering what would be faster in a race a savage 4.9 or a tmaxx 3.3 cause i was reading and i think what i read mistake me if I'm wrong but they both are around same top speed i dont wanna hear about which one is better for bashing.. just a straight up race stock on stock lets hear it people

i mean 4.6

YouTube has a video of a stock t maxx 3.3 whipping a supercharged savage in a straight line race so I am gonna have to say the t maxx 3.3 is faster

3.3 is faster. top speed on a savage is like 45. from what i've done my research on.

Hey Grim a supercharger will make ANY vehicle slow because they are garbage. The T-Maxx might be a tiny bit faster on top end but the Savage is way tougher than a Maxx any day out of the box.

That is hands down the most ignorant thing I have read thus far frickenjoey. If you had a supercharger and thought the results of it were garbage then you have no idea how to tune with one equipped. And or didn't have the other proper equipment. Fact of the matter is 3.3 t maxx is faster then savage hands down that's what this is about. Not witch one you think is "tougher".

Oh boy you are opening up a can of worm on that one there guru with the supercharges.. Ok IF you read I did agree that the Maxx is faster. HOWEVER YES a SUPERCHARGER IS GARBAGE. The concept does not work in engines with out valves that allow it to build compression. Before you start calling me ignorant learn to spell... it is WHICH not "witch" and sorry they do not work. Call me all you want but you will get no one on this site that will back you on the superchargers. Go ahead...put up a post about the great superchargers for a 2 stroke nitro engine and see how many people come to put it down in flames....but it's ok. Keep talking and keep believing your crazy dreams because that is what keeps MAGIC alive...lol ..... it only shows how much you actually know nitro engines.

http://rcvehicles.about.com/b/2009/04/08/the-nitro-engine-supercharger-myth.htm
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yTADlRuF0"]YouTube - Nitro Superchargers- good or bad PT 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwH7lgbc18s&feature=related"]YouTube - Nitro Superchargers- good or bad PT 2[/ame]

Last edited:
YouTube has a video of a stock t maxx 3.3 whipping a supercharged savage in a straight line race so I am gonna have to say the t maxx 3.3 is faster

there is also a YouTube video of Al Gore saying he invented the internet...

That is hands down the most ignorant thing I have read thus far frickenjoey. If you had a supercharger and thought the results of it were garbage then you have no idea how to tune with one equipped.

Superchargers SUCK....BIG time.
They will also VASTLY shorten the life of your engine, which will suck anyway, because you have a supercharger on it.

Superchargers SUCK.
How ignorant am I, now?

Put a 3 speed in a Savage, convert the 3rd gear with the higher ratio gear and it will do 55.

Put a supercharger on it next and it will SUCK.
IT WILL SUCK.

Any other opinions, or should I tell you how I really feel about superchargers on 2 strokes?

Hey Rolex...did you mention Superchargers SUCK? I am not sure about you but I think they SUCK...and are pure GARBAGE.

Good point, Joe. I think I failed to mention that.

Superchargers SUCK

They are also garbage, but damn, do they look cool when they are on the shelf.

Yeah I will admit they DO look cool but they still S U C K

[SIGN]Did I forget to say they suck?[/SIGN]

You know, I'm gonna' agree with you on this one. They SUCK.

[SIGN]I'm pretty sure you remembered to say they SUCK, unless I missed it.[/SIGN]

That's why they havnt been supercharging (and I don't mean turbo)two stroke diesels for the last 20 years because they don't work and its not effective it makes the two stroke lose power...just because its not main stream like the hybrid you two share the payment on and the Eco friendly bungalow you two spend cold winter nights in playing hide the little winky doesn't mean its not effective.

By the way a two stroke diesel HAS exhaust valves that allow the supercharger to build compression inside the engine. The Nitro engine does not have this so the stupidcharger just blows all the air/fuel and lubrication out the pipe. So yet again you have faulty logic. Try again.....

diesel-two-stroke.gif

the hybrid you two share the payment on and the Eco friendly bungalow you two spend cold winter nights in playing hide the little winky doesn't mean its not effective.

I thought this was a NITRO forum, not a Diesel forum. I believe the discussion here is that nitro engines suck with superchargers. Blowers and superchargers also work fine in a dragster or a funny car, but that's not what we are discussing.

So here's the current situation Grimm newbie. You seem to think that your insults and your homosexual innuendos in the quote above are appropriate on this forum. You are wrong, and your account will be deleted.

Buh-Bye

Rolex
RCNT Staff

Yes... SUPERCHARGERS ARE CRAP.. WASTE OF MONEY!!

That's Mr. Nitro junky to you!

Back