Whats a good drift car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NITRO RS4 3 DRIFT! Made specifically for drifting! lol.

To tell you the truth, any nitro will do well. As long as it gives power to all 4 wheels, and the ability to lock and tighten the differentials. You can also use some adjustable turnbuckles. You can run some HPI Type-A's, since they are a rubber compound and it will heat up giving some grip which is good for nitros. Anything will work, ABS, PVC, Polyethylene, Yokomo Rings, etc. But you really need to ease up on the throttle.

I know you're asking about a nitro drifter but IMO you should at least start electric. I tried the nitro and it's way more difficult than they make it look on youtube. I'm normally nitro all the way but I had to go electric for drifting.

ya but if i get one i also want something with speed if I'm not drifting.

Yeah man, electrics have speed to. Pop in a brushless system and LiPo and BAM!

Mine with that yokomo drift 15t is more than enough power.

ya but i dont want to go buy a electric and then drop 150 or 200 on it right from the start

Well, it's your car, and your decision. Nitros do tend to overhead because they are under less pressure as a drifter. They will also overwork, causing more overheating. The heat from the engine can also distort some drift tires.

i had a serpent touring car and i wrecked the back diff one day so i had to order a new one, while i was waiting for it to arrive i got bored so i opened the back diff and filled it with chemical metal and sealed it back up again, it already had a lsd in the front so i had a lot of fun with it. I didnt bother with drift wheels but after 2 sets of tyres i decided to cover them in tape. Its great fun and it was an easy way to try out drifting.