Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Xraycer

Hardcore RCNT User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Yeah, you told me that before, and I may just try that one of these days. It's not a sammy I endulge in too often though. I call it the Heart Breaker for a reason.

It is on whole grain oatnut bread
🤪
You've gone earthy crunchy on us?

Smilinbri

"Honey, where's my RC credit card?"
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
BBQ chicken pizza for lunch!!! 🤤
20230124_112004.jpg

Xraycer

Hardcore RCNT User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Turkey and provolone, it wasn’t bad, it’s just WAY OVERPRICED! I had a card for free drink and chips but Damn! It was still expensive for a smallish sandwich.. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I’m just an old tightazz.. 🙃
Hey, hey, I resemble that! 😆

By me, the regular, which is about 10" long, goes for about $10. A Subway footlong averages about $9. Jersey Mike's meats is better quality than Subway's, and I get a lot more meat at JM than Subway. So, it is pricey, but it is today's market prices for sub franchises.
When I swing into the mall, I do get sticker shock on the prices of other smaller sub franchises.

Hammer Down

RCNT Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Yea buddy! 😋
35638186-DFB5-4BEF-98C9-502B9A01C312.jpeg

Hey, hey, I resemble that! 😆

By me, the regular, which is about 10" long, goes for about $10. A Subway footlong averages about $9. Jersey Mike's meats is better quality than Subway's, and I get a lot more meat at JM than Subway. So, it is pricey, but it is today's market prices for sub franchises.
When I swing into the mall, I do get sticker shock on the prices of other smaller sub franchises.

Yea I’m just tight… 🤣
I can buy stuff to bring a lunch for most of the week for the price of one meal. 😉

Xraycer

Hardcore RCNT User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Yea I’m just tight… 🤣
I can buy stuff to bring a lunch for most of the week for the price of one meal. 😉
I'm a work breakfast and lunch packer myself. Lunch typically consists of leftovers. We have a Dunkin Donuts in the hospital, but I still make my own coffee since we have Keurig machines available in many depts. Once a month or so, I do treat myself to a meal, either at Dunks or at the cafeteria.

Last edited:

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So a Monte Cristo is a ham and cheese sandwich on french toast basically. Yeah, I have made that before. Didn't know that's what it's called 🤪

Next time instead of bread, I'll use pancakes, dipped in eggs, and deep fry it for ya Xray 😁

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
So a Monte Cristo is a ham and cheese sandwich on french toast basically. Yeah, I have made that before. Didn't know that's what it's called 🤪

Next time instead of bread, I'll use pancakes, dipped in eggs, and deep fry it for ya Xray 😁
close, but you dip it in raspberry jelly. sounded so bizarre that I ordered one and it was awesome. Bennigan's used to have a really good Monte Christo.

Xraycer

Hardcore RCNT User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm not a fan of the mustard bath,
Thats cuz you're Asian :p
My wife doesn't like mustard either nor do virtually all the Filipinos that I've ever met lol

But, what truly brings me joy with this post is that I know @Doom! is somewhere, reading this, stuck in gridlock and vomiting in his mouth 😆
I shoulda tagged him in the post lol

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
close, but you dip it in raspberry jelly. sounded so bizarre that I ordered one and it was awesome. Bennigan's used to have a really good Monte Christo.
That is very interesting. So I reinvented the Monte Cristo it seems 🤪

Oh, and another weird combo, that sounds terrible, but I actually love is Arby's Jalapeno bites and Bronco Berry sauce. Jalapeno, cheese, breading, and a sweet berry sauce... weird, but it works.

A guy I worked with turned me onto the whole jelly on breakfast sandwiches thing. It made sense, and tasted good, so I started adding it to my bacon egg and cheese biscuits at McD's. The first time I made my own breakfast sandwich with jelly, I thought, why not add peanut butter? I always put it on my pancakes. That is the killer ingredient. Of course, peanut butter goes with just about anything.

Xraycer

Hardcore RCNT User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Thats cuz you're Asian :p
My wife doesn't like mustard either nor do virtually all the Filipinos that I've ever met lol
Nah, I like mustard, just not in the can with sardines. I love it on hot dogs, soft pretzels, ham sandwiches......