What to do with a dead brushed motor.

• Thread starter Penguin Fart Racing
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin Fart Racing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
I was munching on a fresh clove of garlic and about to trash a DEAD brushed motor.
Or was I munching on a brushed motor and about to throw out a DEAD clove of garlic ? Not sure. ... ... The rotor wires had burned out but the motor's magnets were still working
So, I DREMRLED up the motor and extracted the magnets one of which I dropped on the floor which broke it ( see PIX ). If you are wondering the hot melt glued up magnet fragment is used to sweep over my workshop floor to help me find dropped iron and steel screws and parts. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Resizer_16511403014791.jpg
    Resizer_16511403014791.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 52
I was munching on a fresh clove of garlic and about to trash a DEAD brushed motor.
Or was I munching on a brushed motor and about to throw out a DEAD clove of garlic ? Not sure. ... ... The rotor wires had burned out but the motor's magnets were still working
So, I DREMRLED up the motor and extracted the magnets one of which I dropped on the floor which broke it ( see PIX ). If you are wondering the hot melt glued up magnet fragment is used to sweep over my workshop floor to help me find dropped iron and steel screws and parts. Hope this helps someone.
Ha. LoL. So I'm not the only one. Yeah, that's why I quit using non-ferrous screws in my builds. With steel screws, yeah, I can recover them with a magnet-sweep of the floor. That and I always sweep the shop floor around the workbench before beginning a wrenching session. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

I've made miniature guitars out of popsicle sticks and I used motor winding wire twisted up to the size I needed with a drill and used them for the guitar strings.:thumbs-up:

Back