what tmaxx do I have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rundlc81

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi everyone just want to start off by introducing myself mine names david and I've recently come in hand of what I think is a traxxaa tmaxx. il post some pics in a bit because I need help identifying it and any steps I should take to get it started I payed 40 pounds for it...basically I need to identify and I need somewhere I can get parts and a body shell as I'm looking to re build and get this big truck going..so any advice or help will be brilliant. I'm from the UK buy the way

Attachments

• 1479923280657397572314.jpg
    1479923280657397572314.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
hi everyone just want to start off by introducing myself mine names david and I've recently come in hand of what I think is a traxxaa tmaxx. il post some pics in a bit because I need help identifying it and any steps I should take to get it started I payed 40 pounds for it...basically I need to identify and I need somewhere I can get parts and a body shell as I'm looking to re build and get this big truck going..so any advice or help will be brilliant. I'm from the UK buy the way

Lol....I don't know what 40 pounds is ,but that sounds better than $ 200.00 bucks!....:D
It sounds like you got a good deal ,...
Lucky for you ,traxxas parts are litterely falling out of the tree's!....:p

recruit meaning
Lol....I don't know what 40 pounds is ,but that sounds better than $ 200.00 bucks!....:D
It sounds like you got a good deal ,...
Lucky for you ,traxxas parts are litterely falling out of the tree's!....:p
hehe it's nice to know i finally got a good deal u did see the pic? 40 pounds is like 60 dollars I'm assuming you American buddy.I see lots of parts but I'm worried they don't fit mine . .does mine have the same chassis as the 2.5 and 3.3...I need a new header I think. ..whereso the best place to get bits...I think il need a few..

Last edited:
While I am not sure which one you have, I'm sure someone with a sharper eye for the tmaxx can answer, I am aware that a LOT of parts ARE different between chassis'.
That said, Welcome to RCNT!!! Good to have you aboard!!!:welcome_sign:

david and I've recently come in hand of what I think is a traxxaa tmaxx.from the UK buy the way
Welcome David. Double check your truck to these pics. http://www.hobbytron.com/SmartechMagicWheel184WDRTRNitroOffRoadRCTruck.html#
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smartech-Ma...575102?hash=item41b8479c7e:g:QZEAAOSwImRYKnKP
I believe what you have is a Smartech Magic Wheel which is basically a T Maxx knockoff so to speak. The parts between the two models are so similar that they're actually interchangeable if memory serves right.. Don't quote me on that though.

ebay is probably your best bet for parts. Which parts are you looking for?

Last edited:
Thanks eh! I don't know how they got away with such a blatant rip-off but I think it was short lived.

Thanks eh! I don't know how they got away with such a blatant rip-off but I think it was short lived.
dam not good then I suppose...looks as if mines a rip off...:( and to make matters worse I think flooded my engine so I am rebuilding it now...I might just scratch the whole Idea and buy a brand new somehow..thanx for your time guys much appreciated

I wouldn't give up on it. You got it dirt cheap, looks complete and in good condition and there appears to be a decent parts assortment available on ebay U.K.
If you're new to nitro rc you have a perfect platform to experiment and tinker with, then upgrade to something eventually if you choose.
There's a handy nitro engine tuning guide here on RCNT that will work with virtually any nitro engine.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/
Give her a go, eh!:thumbs-up:

ps. my apologies if I came across as a D-bag with my previous comments.:angelic:

Last edited:
I wouldn't give up on it. You got it dirt cheap, looks complete and in good condition and there appears to be a decent parts assortment available on ebay U.K.
If you're new to nitro rc you have a perfect platform to experiment and tinker with, then upgrade to something eventually if you choose.
There's a handy nitro engine tuning guide here on RCNT that will work with virtually any nitro engine.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/
Give her a go, eh!:thumbs-up:

ps. my apologies if I came across as a D-bag with my previous comments.:angelic:

you haven't mate in fact you have been very helpful and I appreciate your time I shall get right on it and put some time into this...does this mean that this one would take the parts from a tmaxx 15 or 2.5 lies suspension ect... thano for your time again

you haven't mate in fact you have been very helpful and I appreciate your time I shall get right on it and put some time into this...does this mean that this one would take the parts from a tmaxx 15 or 2.5 lies suspension ect... thano for your time again

If you can get it runnin ,run it like you stoled it!...:p

does this mean that this one would take the parts from a tmaxx 15 or 2.5 lies suspension ect... thano for your time again
I bought a used T Maxx off of ebay years back which turned out to be half Smartech. The chassis plate, chassis braces and bulk heads were Smartech with T Maxx suspension components.. I don't know what mods if any, were made to make it work.

hi everyone just want to start off by introducing myself mine names david and I've recently come in hand of what I think is a traxxaa tmaxx. il post some pics in a bit because I need help identifying it and any

steps I should take to get it started I payed 40 pounds for it...basically I need to identify and I need somewhere I can get parts and a body shell as I'm looking to re build and get this big truck going..so any advice or help will be brilliant. I'm from the UK buy the way

I'm pretty sure that is A traxxas T Maxx 2.5 classic with an A custom extended chassis.. I think that engine is A dynamite. Not sure what size but it looks like A mid-block but I could be wrong. It's A beautiful RC you got right there .. If you got it 40 pounds you got A smoking deal because I believe that's 50US dollars . If you want to sell it let a good man know..

I don't know that I've ever seen such a close to trademark infringement since the multiple rips on the hornet/grasshopper and a slew of copy cats! Good for you that you found one and got such a slammin deal on it!!!

hi again guys..once again I'd like to thank you all for your help...ye I become friends with a local nitro group and they said the same thing...after a glow plug swap the car ran beautifully..and it's on low speed at the mo..he said to break the engine back in as it's not been used for a long time..so I'm cleaning it all up... I belive I need a new body shell for it and I'm sure it's a 1/8 any of you know a decent place to get good ones...I may even sell it once it's completely sorted Aaron boyd ul be first to know i promise

I belive I need a new body shell for it and I'm sure it's a 1/8 any of you know a decent place to get good ones..
Look on ebay or check your local hobby shop for any body shells that fit a 2.5 (4910) model Tmaxx.. Should be a good fit with minimal modifications.

If you have a local hobby shop with some shells there, take a measurement from approximate wheel opening lengths, center to center and compare. The tmaxx and revo replacements would be a good place to start for sure!