What servo to get for old tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennymurphy180

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What's the best servos to get for monster truck, tmaxx with trx 2.5 everything is original, the old servo barley turns it's weak, it's all cleaned up and nothing is to tight, batteries are new and after I unhook everything it still turns slow and is weak, new servo is the route I'm taking next but need good input in this, also I want to upgrade to rechargeable batteries, how do I go about doing that,

What's the best servos to get for monster truck, tmaxx with trx 2.5 everything is original, the old servo barley turns it's weak, it's all cleaned up and nothing is to tight, batteries are new and after I unhook everything it still turns slow and is weak, new servo is the route I'm taking next but need good input in this, also I want to upgrade to rechargeable batteries, how do I go about doing that,

I heard Savox servo's are good ,but not sure ,I'm still using original style on my Ae. Mgt. in which they
made a damn good out of the box stock steering servo!

Always make sure that your steering knuckles & wheel hub knuckles aren't too tight on the ball joint ,
that gets a lot of people thinking they need a new servo!...:cool:

I heard Savox servo's are good ,but not sure ,I'm still using original style on my Ae. Mgt. in which they
made a damn good out of the box stock steering servo!

Always make sure that your steering knuckles & wheel hub knuckles aren't too tight on the ball joint ,
that gets a lot of people thinking they need a new servo!...:cool:

Savox does make good servos. They are a bit power hungry, though. You need to make sure that they are getting enough current or they can cause a brownout on the receiver.

The Savox 0230 will get the job done and it's waterproof. You need to run a NiMH receiver pack along with a glitch buster.

I have one of those in one of my nitro revos for steering to replace the 2 2075 servos and it does a good job. I have an old hitec 985MG for throttle/brake, it's faster and waterproof, but not as much torque. Also cost twice as much.