What RC's do you want?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping ARRMA will come out with something new in 1/8 or larger scale. I've been a die hard mt collector for years, but I think it's time to start exploring the 1/8 scale trail trucks. Anyone have any experience with that size trail truck?

I would recommend people take a second look at the losi 3xle. After you shim the diffs, there's really no other necessary upgrades for this RTR. After owning it a little over a year now, its quickly become my 3rd favorite rc after my kraton and mt410.
View attachment 29981View attachment 29982
If it's anything like it's predecessors, guessing at least 4mm upper shock bolts are a good idea and perhaps making a skid for the chassis rails to connect to the center may be too, unless they redesigned that some. I broke quite a few chassis rails on my aftershock before making my own skid... also broke the upper shock bolts a few times before drilling out/replacing with 4mm.

Are they still using SAE screws or did they finally switch to metric? Just curious.

If it's anything like it's predecessors, guessing at least 4mm upper shock bolts are a good idea and perhaps making a skid for the chassis rails to connect to the center may be too, unless they redesigned that some. I broke quite a few chassis rails on my aftershock before making my own skid... also broke the upper shock bolts a few times before drilling out/replacing with 4mm.

Are they still using SAE screws or did they finally switch to metric? Just curious.
They are still using SAE screws, but the chassis is a new design. Haven't had any shock bolt issues or heard of any. Some have broke knuckles on corner landings, but that's to be expected considering the weight. The suspension is crazy smooth. Servo is slow and although the motor is 2200kv, it actually doesn't thermal. It's a 50mph truck with 6s and you don't need more speed than that for the size of the truck. At $549 you get a lot of bang for your money.

In the order I want them
Tekno MT410/ DB Build
Tekno ET48.3
Electric converted Losi 5b
Outcast/Notorious
MERV
UDR-wanna check it out

Last edited:
My full list looks something like @slick2500 list. More of a short novel than a list. But if o had to top 5 it, (no particular order)

1. Outcast. Not sure how I don't have one. Too much willpower? I think i have enough spares for my Kraton to convert my Typhon, but...

2. Kyosho Optima re-re. I had one as a teen, it blew me away. But if i got a re-re, it would be a shelf Queen. And I'm not sure I'm a shelf Queen kind of guy.

3. Attack Tacon Valor 1 / 1/4 Mt. I love a good mini RC. This is another one on the list that I'm not sure why I don't have one yet. At two hundred bucks RTR, I can't really even use the willpower excuse. Maybe I'm just too lazy to hit the buy button. LOL

4. Losi super Rock Rey. Needs no explanation.

5. Some kind of crawler. Maybe a Redcat gen 8. Maybe that 1/12 ECX kit. Not sure what I want, but something cheap. It looks like fun, but I don't know how much I would really use it, so I don't want to spend a fortune on one of the nice ones. Yet.
That's not even my full list.

Yup. I don't think I have met a RC I didn't want...

in no particular order, some models I want to add to the collection are:

super rock rey
xmaxx
savage flux
be6s
vorza flux
mt410
pro mt 4x4
typhon 6s

They are still using SAE screws, but the chassis is a new design. Haven't had any shock bolt issues or heard of any. Some have broke knuckles on corner landings, but that's to be expected considering the weight. The suspension is crazy smooth. Servo is slow and although the motor is 2200kv, it actually doesn't thermal. It's a 50mph truck with 6s and you don't need more speed than that for the size of the truck. At $549 you get a lot of bang for your money.

oh so that's what they are? I was using my metric set ( dont have a sae set) and thought I had stripped them lol. was going crazy trying to figure out why they didn't fit lol

Don't get a Merv trust me, they are nothing but money pits especially if you run it on 3s.

the merv isn't bad. I run mine on 3s mostly and besides shimming the rear diff and replacing the servo, I've had no real issues with it. nothings broke even tho I kinda beat on it at the skatepark

oh so that's what they are? I was using my metric set ( don't have a sae set) and thought I had stripped them lol. was going crazy trying to figure out why they didn't fit lol

the merv isn't bad. I run mine on 3s mostly and besides shimming the rear diff and replacing the servo, I've had no real issues with it. nothings broke even tho I kinda beat on it at the skatepark
It isn't that great either. There are other mini options that are far superior in design and quality than the Merv.

Back