What rc car or truck should i get

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam770

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I'm getting an rc nitro or electric car or truck maybe boat under $290.00 with shipping i want it to be fast and I've had experience with both nitro and electric

Well what are you looking for? Something for onroad or offraod use? Do you want to race or bash? Are you leaning towards a big truck, a buggy or a short course truck?

if your budget allows, Traxxas products are the best in my opinion (for offroad)
if your looking for cheap quality, I've found Exceed rc to be pretty reliable, plus, I LOVE this seller!
Nitrorcx.com

For what you are looking to spend, get a 2wd Traxxas Stampede. Truck is ~$200, plus batteries and crap will put you to your limit.

a nitro rustler is what i have with the 2.5r i love it

The reason I'm only spending this much is because I'm 13 and i had 400$ and spent $100 on a filter for a fish tank

Well what are you looking for? Something for onroad or offraod use? Do you want to race or bash? Are you leaning towards a big truck, a buggy or a short course truck?
I'm looking for offoroad truck, short course or buggy. Maybe team associated mgt 3.0 or ofna lx one. Looking to bash

Yeah traxxas is good I've had rustler and nitro sport

For what you are looking to spend, get a 2wd Traxxas Stampede. Truck is ~$200, plus batteries and crap will put you to your limit.
Is the 2wd nitro or electric and do you have one

Last edited:
Two-wheel electric, I don't have one, but I'm planning on getting my wife one soon.

I have a 2wd stampede they ate fun,cheap,and tons of upgrade parts for them.

Check tower hobbies in champain illinois have lot of good combo prices look at there web site. Just make sure whatever you buy parts are easy to get traxas is a good choice!Good luck get runnin soon!:D

The eRevo I mentioned is a 4wd offroad ruck and includes everything needed to run. They also have the 1/16 Slash which is the short course version of the same truck.

The eRevo I mentioned is a 4wd offroad ruck and includes everything needed to run. They also have the 1/16 Slash which is the short course version of the same truck.

Yeah i went to see the e revo and remembered seing the slash 1/16 for $250 i met get that with the Y series connector and 2 batteries and install the pinion for 50 mph.

Has anyone heard if the team associated mgt 3.0 or ofna lx one are any good

Associated does make a good product. I have a couple of their RC-18 minis and they are pretty good out of the box.

Could you recommend a fast 1/10 cheap short course thats pretty fast under 275$ with battery and charger i was looking at the hpi blitz but it only goes 25mph then i saw the traxxas slash 2wd with brushed motor not vxl and i thought that with a 9.6 volt battery it would go pretty fast do you know how fast and do you have any recommendations for some short course trucks like i already said before

Note he's the reason I don't have one yet. :D

Could you recommend a fast 1/10 cheap short course thats pretty fast under 275$ with battery and charger i was looking at the hpi blitz but it only goes 25mph then i saw the traxxas slash 2wd with brushed motor not vxl and i thought that with a 9.6 volt battery it would go pretty fast do you know how fast and do you have any recommendations for some short course trucks like i already said before

All SC trucks are going to run about the same speed as each other because they are built to be legal in most popular race sanctions, and to be competitive.

i agree. i myself have a tmaxx, but the one rustler i used to have was cheap and alot of fun. it definatley did the job.