What RC car did you run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sohie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
As the title says, what rc car/vehicle did you run today? Keep it light and respect each other, no "this brand's better than that one!" and also what RC car battery did you use?

I took my VWBeetle bodied Nitro Sport for a run out on my lunch break. Thing runs like a champ. It crashed into a light pole yesterday and broke a suspension arm mount, but some shoe goo and zip ties have it driveable until the spare comes in the mail.

That's my only nitro with a good engine, the other 2 nitro cars can no longer finish a full tank and have replacement engines coming any day now, can't wait to get those installed and broken in!

Today... nothing. Had to work. What vehicles do I typically run when I do have time? My brushless rigs.
Savage Flux HP
Brushless revo
Stampede 4x4
Converted e-jato

I use SMC 2S 7200mah, 9000mah, 9500mah lipo's. The stampede will only fit the 7200's, but the others fit in the other 3 rigs.

image.jpeg
Finished the break-in on my Nitro Slash. After about the 3rd tank that 3.3 really woke up. Thing is nuts only being 2wd.

Ran two today..

1st off my Ofna Ultra LX with a Trackstar SEG .28 engine newly broken in, engine runs great, thing will idle for an entire tank at very low RPM, and has plenty of power, very happy given the price.

Also ran the 1/10 scale touring car shown in the Nov RC of the month thread. Had the low speed too rich, was killing glow plugs, leaned it out and she's running like a champ problem free.

The satisfaction of getting your engine running well is addicting with the Nitro cars i'm finding. I do need to stop fiddling so much on the cars that I know I had tuned well last run, and just enjoy the drive!

Fiddling is what I enjoy the most. Its actually been a while since I ran BUT I did bring my boys to a local indoor track and both of them lit up! It was great to see their faces... Looks like I gotta get myself going... Think a 3.3 Jato is too much for a first time driving? :D

Back