What lipo should I use?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJONK

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Newbie here...
Looking offroad setup for my cheap 104001...
Planning to use surpass 3650 3100kv 60amp 9kg servo... What is the lipo spec to use?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! I sure wish they would give their models real names instead of a string of numbers. o_O 🤣 Hopefully someone smarter than me will be along shortly to answer your question.

Welcome in @DrJONK , I assume it's a 550 brushed motor so I would read your manual and see what the esc with handle. Honestly I wouldn't go more than 2s and I HIGHLY ROCOMMEND you read up on Lipo's if you are new to them.

Hi, and Welcome, I'm sure someone can answer the Lipo question, i use NiMH, so clueless about Lipo.
Oh wait you run nimh.. is your esc in the rite setting nimh.. usually they are set up for lipos bud... especially if it has the ID plugs
Newbie here...
Looking offroad setup for my cheap 104001...
Planning to use surpass 3100kv 60am 9kg servo... What is the lipo spec to use?
Welcome to RCT bud... sorry about that.. I agree with the guy above @Tunedpipe. With that kit I would stay in the 2s line of lipos.. the lipo spec would be in your manual bud

Use a 2s lipo, 3s is asking for trouble.
One that fits. Measure the tray and check dimensions before you buy...

Oh wait you run nimh.. is your esc in the rite setting nimh.. usually they are set up for lipos bud... especially if it has the ID plugs

Welcome to RCT bud... sorry about that.. I agree with the guy above @Tunedpipe. With that kit I would stay in the 2s line of lipos.. the lipo spec would be in your manual bud
It was set on NiMH (red light), that's one of the problems it has, it's stuck on Lipo mode (green light) now.

Back