What kind of tires for a hobbie shop race track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbulles1126

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
At my local hobbie shop they have a race track. on time i raced and my tires fell off of my rc car. And those tires were the original tires on my rc car. so i have an extra pair of race track tires that has grips on it so my rc car stays on the track.

I would assume that if you are running on a hobby shop track they could tell you exactly what tires to use.

@dbulles1126 you didn't mention if this was on-road or off-road racing. What kind of racing? oval, track, drag? What RC are you using?

We'd need more info to help you, but really I'd just go to your LHS and watch the guys that are racing. Talk to them, ask some of them what they are running and what they suggest. In my experience most guys are more than happy to help you.

@dbulles1126 you didn't mention if this was on-road or off-road racing. What kind of racing? oval, track, drag? What RC are you using?

We'd need more info to help you, but really I'd just go to your LHS and watch the guys that are racing. Talk to them, ask some of them what they are running and what they suggest. In my experience most guys are more than happy to help you.

The track at my hobbie shop is oval. At home i do off-road and on-road

Oh, how I wish I had forums like this back in the day. I was a punk who thought he knew enough to get by; too proud to ask for help. I had close to $60 of worthless tires/wheels in my hands to learn a lesson :naughty:.

Btw... How much does 1/8 nitro buggy wheels cost? Average not expensive

Back