what is the best engine for 2.5 maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tam13

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello all. i wanted to get the sirio .18 but found out that they are no longer being made. so can you all plz give me some suggestions to a good engine. i want something around the same price as the sirio, one that drops in, and one that has about the same performance.
thnx

P2, team orion makes a mid block .21 for the Maxx, OS .18, Big block conversion (gives you a whole bunch of choices on engines and such), then there is sticking with the trx 2.5. It is a good engine, but if you really need more speed and power, try looking around. People here are full of suggestions, and everyone has different opinions. I personally have a Sirio .27 (not yet broken in). I want to drive it everyday! But i am waiting on a custom engine mount to be made.

look at the picco small block.. CRAZY! love watchin those revos with the small blocks... I'm sure youll hve the same effect with a t maxx:-D

The Picco is about the most ballistic engine you can drop into a stock sized maxx....but in my experience it's the most finicky.....the red head fantom .18 (IMO) was the best all around engine cause it ran at way higher temps than any other engine, so it's really hard to get it to fade on you....the OS .18 seems to be the new all around engine of choice......or you can just get another ridiculous engine like the Sirio .23.......I've seen those in Revos and they are just stupid.....it has WAY too much horses for that short chassis...it just lifts the front up and flips it on it's back

People just love to see flipping over with overpowered mill :D

I know i do.. lol

The OS .18TM makes very good power, more than the Sirio .18. It has a nice power-band, and has more top-end than the Sirio, IMO. I have the Sirio w/Big-bore pipe in my S-Maxx right now, and it as a great mid-range, but when I ran the OS .18 it seemed to have more power all around. BTW, you can still get the Sirio for the OG Maxx, but you would have to cut the crank and get a clutch nut.

Back