What is a no prep dragster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I am building a no prep from a Rustler. Mine does not have the chassis extension, and its wheels are not covered by the body work. What defines a no prep dragster, and can I still call mine a no prep?

A no prep dag car has to run on 2s LiPo generally built from a short-course platform, has a wheelbase of 12- 13.5 inches (I think), no more than h@lf of the wheels and tires can be sticking out from the body, and NO STICKY STUFF (adhesives) ON THE TIRES!

heres a write up. and I think you will not qualify in a no prep drag race. to short and body must cover wheels...https://jphracing.com/No_Prep_RC_Drag_Racing_NPRC.cfm
Dead link.

I race in another type of drag racing in rc. its 132 foot and 600 foot drag racing 2 cell max on 132 .4 on 600'..sometimes strip will be prepped with either a traction adhesive . blowing off b4 running.

Thanks guys. I am still going to finish, thank goodness I am not planning a professional run, and left it entirely street-able for cruising. See if I can post pix, if anyone wants.

1st test drive : Definitely on the raw side of cooked.
Slipper clutch was loose, maybe good for low skill take offs, maybe the tyres are bigger and needs more clutch grip. Will adjust tighter. Does a nifty little trick if you turn too sharp; the rear end instantly becomes the front. (Great for handicap races) If we raced a HPE circuit Rustler against this thing, maybe that would be the reality, the way the HPE bites and cuts every turn, the No Prep requires a narrow margin of error before spinning out. Springs set too soft for street, wheelie bar kept hitting the ground. Sounds nice, looks fierce, exhaust tuned to flash with engine rumble.
These tyres ( Pro-Line Prime street 2.8" Tires) are a joke. Fun though, if you want drift. Review says not for pavement, maybe an indoor 1:8 scale formula 1 racer? Maybe good for my Stampede for on road racing events, make it slide instead of tip.

Back