What failsafe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I currently run a 3 channel RF-40 reciever and transmitter which has a built in failsafe.

Now I imagine if my hump battery goes low on charge that the fail safe wouldn't help?

Is there one that might help this situation? Should I get a battery level indicator?

Thx

So I currently run a 3 channel RF-40 reciever and transmitter which has a built in failsafe.

Now I imagine if my hump battery goes low on charge that the fail safe wouldn't help?

Is there one that might help this situation? Should I get a battery level indicator?

Thx

Lol....you sure sweatin that battery pack!....

I install a mechanical fail safe on my stuff!....:D

Lol....you sure sweatin that battery pack!....

I install a mechanical fail safe on my stuff!....:D
The hump pack I originally got probably 5/6 years ago. Then the savage I just bought came with one as well but not sure if I can trust it.

Mechanical failsafe? I'll have to look that up

Its a spring on the carb.!....:D
I'm pretty sure my savage has one from the factory, still it almost got away from me once due to hump pack going dead

I'd get a carb return spring. I've actually found the inbuilt RF-40 failsafe to be ok....

I'd get a carb return spring. I've actually found the inbuilt RF-40 failsafe to be ok....
The savage comes with one though? So I need to add another?

The savage comes with one though? So I need to add another?

You might can do your own test!

Block up your truck with wheels of the ground ,fire it up like you normally would when you run it ,
give it some throttle enough to get the wheels spinning ,then switch your transmitter off an see what
happens.
If your engine throttles down to idle on its own with out control ,then you know that the fail safe & return
carb spring works....:cool:

You might can do your own test!

Block up your truck with wheels of the ground ,fire it up like you normally would when you run it ,
give it some throttle enough to get the wheels spinning ,then switch your transmitter off an see what
happens.
If your engine throttles down to idle on its own with out control ,then you know that the fail safe & return
carb spring works....:cool:
I'll have to grab an extra spring! Great idea!

Thx

That's the spring that comes with the Savage 4.6.
bdc.jpg

I have had several runaways due to power failure of the radio. A shorted servo, battery unplugged, switch turned off by a stick up under the body. Is there anything you can do?

I have had several runaways due to power failure of the radio. A shorted servo, battery unplugged, switch turned off by a stick up under the body. Is there anything you can do?

The only thing that helps is a spring ,that I know of!
I had my switch turn off on my Ld3 ,but that was after I bumped a curb ,then it took off.after that ,I installed a spring!
Then one time ,I forgot to put the screw into the throttle servo horn on my duratrax street force ,it stuck WOT up
against a curb an fried the clutch shoes.

Then a few years ago ,it happened to this Ld3 with out fail safe or spring ,my fault that I kept putting off on
installing the spring an it bit me on the arse!

upload_2016-9-24_17-20-54.png

upload_2016-9-24_17-21-23.png

upload_2016-9-24_17-22-10.png

Heres another crash car ,but its brushless ,I installed a one way diff in the front ,the down fall of having
a o-way diff up front ,is it cancelled out the front brakes in which the diff free spins when you let off the
throttle or brake.Result ,causing the cars back end to whip around an car sliding out of control at full
speed.

upload_2016-9-24_17-46-31.png

upload_2016-9-24_17-46-54.png

Last edited:
That poor zonda!

Sorry for your crashes but cool pics!

Where should I buy this spring for my savage?

That crash is impressive. Any pics of under the shell?