What Exactly Do I Have Here?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletch33

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
this is my first post here so i want to say HELLO!!!

i have tinkered around with R/C trucks for about 5 years and until last Saturday i only owned a Traxxis Nitro Rustler stadium truck and a Ofna Hyper 7 PBS. both of these i had kinda forgotten about for the last couple years until about a month ago and once i got them tuned back up and running i remembered how much fun they are and immediately was hooked again :)

i was looking around on my local craig's list and and ended up buying my first car since the guy did not know what he had or what it was or even if it ran. it looked like it was in ok shape so i offered him $100 and he took it.

it came with the car, a remote, ignitor, and a 1/2 gallon of 20% so i figured if it runs i got a good deal.

i got it home and it fired up in 5 pulls and runs great.

i am now trying to figure out what exactly it is so i can order some upgraded parts and a body. :hehe:

it is clearly a Team Associated and it has a pull start .12 engine. i am hoping someone can help me figure out the model so that i can get some equipment for this thing.

here are some pics:

img0001yt9.jpg

img0003kl2.jpg

img0004zo7.jpg

PART 2 :)

i realize this is a long post for my first post here but i thought i would just throw it all there :D

as it turns out i then found myself looking at some craig's list posting form surrounding cities (within and hour or so) and after i had just bought this i came across a deal that was "too good to be true" and it turns out it wasn't but was in my opinion an amazing deal that i couldnt pass up.

1 of the 5 trucks i bought i am again not sure exactly what model it is and i also again want to pick up a few upgrade parts.

it is defiantly a model of Ofna Hyper like the one i have had for years but is a little different and i would like to know what it is.

this buggy has the .21 engine

i am hoping that these pics will help.

img0011eb3.jpg

img0014cc9.jpg

img0015ze7.jpg

sorry about the long post and i appreciate any help.

thanks

the buggy looks like an ofna ultra or ultra mbx

ofna_2.jpg

and the car looks like an older n tc-3

Dec23001m.jpg

thanks beason i will have to look at it a little closer so that i can figure out which one it is.

can anyone suggest a good place to get bodies for both of these? i have never had to buy online but i have moved to an area that really doesn't have any hobby shops :(

i would really like a BMW body for the NTC3 and just a body in general for the buggy.

thanks

Bodies, try Towerhobbies.com - you can still find bodies for the TC3 there.

I second beasons' assessment. The first one is a Nitro TC3 by Associated, and the second definitely looks like an Ofna Ultra.