what engines fit my t-maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiofordfan

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hello everyone. first post for me although i've been reading here for a while. i have a t-maxx and i just blew my third 3.3. i want to try something different. i have been doing some reading and the o.s. or the picco sound like winners. the local hobby shop only carries o.s. and say the only one that fits is the .21 max(for $289). the o.s. 28 and 30 are one the shelf for under $200. no one has picco because they say they are hard to tune. i can tune it if i can get it. looks like ebay for me. thats why i would like to know which ones fit without the chassis extension. i would like to avoid the extension and have some big power. any help would be appreciated, i hate buying stuff that doesn't fit and having to buy more. thanks

In regards to the Ofna brand motors. The motor you're looking for is the Picco .26 Maxx. It was made for the T-Maxx and Revo. They run for about 200 on ebay. Really goot motors.

The OS18TM is a direct drop in and a solid motor, I here nothing but great things about it.

stick w/ a small block b/c anything bigger then a .21 made for stock engine mount-like os 21tm-you'll end up breaking either driveshafts,one-way bearing in the trans. i have a os 18tm(3.0cc) in my maxx and that engine is plenty-but still not enough to break parts-i have 3.3 maxx rear driveshafts and stock fronts w/ 3.3 diffs-its been really reliable and no problems-i had bb maxx conversion w/ just a xtm 24.7 pro-bent cvd's that came in bb kit-and fried the one-way bearing in the trans-twice. good luck

thanks for thoughts everyone. lucky for me i upgraded almost everything already when i went with the 3.3. i got on ebay and purchased the sirio .23:D. i really had my eye on a picco and if things don't work out i will go that direction. the o.s. is a little out of my pocket range but heard nothing but good about them. i will report on my new deal in a week or so. just for future reference i bought the truck as a 2.5 then went through 2 3.3's. the 2.5 got me hooked, the 3.3 was better but not that big a difference. just didn't like the short life mostly and i do all the care for it i ever read about. later

ok i gotta ask, how long did u have each 3.3 and how mamy gallons have been threw them?

o.s engines r pretty pricey-esp since o.s doesn't make the .18tm anymore-which was replaced by the .21tm-ebay will have some listed by others used.

If you really look around, you can find a OS 18 TM around the 100-200 dollar range. I have seen many go for about 150 and just the other week one on my local craigslist BNIB for 125.

bought both of my 18tm's off ebay. paid 100 for one of um and like 75 for the other-even though i had to replace the crank cause someone ground off the starter nub thingie-so i threw a new piston and sleeve at it while i was in there. so prob. coulda bought a nib 18tm for what i put into the one motor

get the picco max it fits right on the t-maxx no driling and u can also still use the ez-start.
but if ur rich get a o.s. there really powerfull and good tuning but very spendy.

ok i gotta ask, how long did u have each 3.3 and how mamy gallons have been threw them?

bought the first 3.3 off ebay used(said "less than a gallon"). that was a mistake, lasted for a gallon and half. this was my first nitro so i did some reading and figured it could have been my fault(after-run oil, over-heat). bought a new 3.3 and do everything possible for care and barely got 3 gallons. i love my truck and the motors were fast but i want to try something different. new motor has not arrived yet. will let everyone know. thanks again

I have the Picco .26max know before had the OS .21TM I like the Picco better
one it was a little cheeper, the only thing extra I had to get for it was the engine mount
two it was easy to tune and three its got more bottom and top than the os I had ..

I have the Picco .26max know before had the OS .21TM I like the Picco better
one it was a little cheeper, the only thing extra I had to get for it was the engine mount
two it was easy to tune and three its got more bottom and top than the os I had .. I'm on my 5th gallon and It still screems

i have the os 21 in my 2.5 stock tmaxx...i love it... wheelies in forward and reverse

Back