What engine should I run in my all aluminum LST2 to pull wheelies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Gray

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm concidering replacing my 32 spec 1s axial big block for a OS max 30 vg(p) abl 3horse. Is this a guarantee wheelie set up or should I look into something else? My truck is all aluminum and titanium with some carbon fiber so it is pretty heavy. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have a LRP .30 in my mostly aluminum Savage and it has no problems getting the wheels off the ground. Also the Picco P3 .28 is also a great engine and will do what you need it to do for sure. The 30 has no problems tossing this one below around. So I would have to go with Old and +1 for the LRP .30
IMG_3217.jpg

Picco .28 or the LRP .30 would be great choices like mentioned. Nice truck Joey, sweet looking pipe too :)

I have a LRP .30 in my mostly aluminum Savage and it has no problems getting the wheels off the ground. Also the Picco P3 .28 is also a great engine and will do what you need it to do for sure. The 30 has no problems tossing this one below around. So I would have to go with Old and +1 for the LRP .30
View attachment 62025
Nice rig

Having a motor with a lot of HP is great. It you also have to look at the torque since that's what you want if you want to pull wheelies. In saying so you will need to match the right gearing with the motor you choose.

Let's hope he has made his choice after 6 and a half years. :) :)

Lol....Old thread ,But ,.....

Speaking on the behalf of ratio's ,torq an speed....there is other factors that people get confused on!

1. What do they plan on doing an what terrain are they running on?.....
There is a big difference on dirt an asphalt road in which high torq on asphalt can snap pins in the trans ,an
wreak havoc on the drive train!

2. A properely set slipper ,if the ride has one will relieve some of the strain on the trans.!
So if you are running jumps or on high grip surface areas ,you will need to tone or sacrifice one or the other

A wheely is actually a hindering problem with some of us ,but ,if you want to have some wheelies's ,you need more
torq. ,for more torq. ,you will need to change your gearing in which will change your top end speed.

High torq. you will need to install a smaller tooth clutch bell ,but not a guarantee for wheelies.
By doing this ,your top end speed will suffer ,also may create heat on the engine.

A lot of people want a perfect ride but don't understand the aspect on how far they can push their rides before
they destroy them!....:deadhorse