What do you store your batteries in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumCrazy01

RC Newbie
Reaction score
New to RC and just learning all I can about LiPo batteries before moving forward with anything else, which I am finding out is alot!
I now have a Spectrum Smart Charger with LiPo Smart battery and also getting the Spectrum XBC 100 Smart battery checker and servo driver.
Question is, can I store my battery in a metal box, the one in the photo below?
Thanks! Btw I tried search to find this topic and posted somewhere where I think it got lost.

Attachments

• E8E11C1B-3579-429B-904C-38B1EFD85A1B.jpeg
    E8E11C1B-3579-429B-904C-38B1EFD85A1B.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 45
There're a few threads about battery storage already but one more never hurts.
I have all of mine in Lipo bags and they are all in a metal ammo box. I have them in sight at all times in their own little corner.
To answer your question, yes, the metal box you have will work. I would also use Lipo bags if it were me.

I store mine in my Kennedy toolbox. I had one like this years ago that went through an extremely hot fire that melted all my Dotco aluminum bodied grinders, along with other tools. The propane tank of the forklift was within 5 feet of my toolbox, and 55 gallon drums of Acetone and WD40 were within 20 feet of it when the shop burned down. It even burnt the concrete pad to ash all around my box. And my precision tools sorta survived. I have about 30 LiPo batteries in it though. But I can roll it out the door if I need to.
20210807_153810.jpg

I store almost all my batteries in a old decommissioned roper fridge, it has no Freon left and all cooling units have been remover . that has smoke detectors in it and its in a heat and humidity controlled polebarn,b4 that i stored then in a cinder block with patio blocks on top and bottom..

Back