What do I need for RC10 T4?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well the Good Lord blessed me once again and I stumbled upon some extra money today to play with. I was already planning to get the RC10T4 anyway, so this just made it a lil easier. I have some Rusty's coming in the mail with new motors, but I've never had an electric. What do I need to get besides the batteries and charger for the T4? Are there any upgrades that I really need to do first? (ex. RPM arms on T-Maxx) anything like that for the T4?

What version of the T4 are you getting, or looking to get? I run the factory team edition and with that kit I needed all the electronics. Other than that I run it with the parts that came in the box. In a season of racing I didn't break anything. The only thing I had to replace was a stripped out Spur. I would recomend getting the RPM wide front bumper. If you are getting the RS version I would recomend a better steering servo, the RPM bumber, and ditch the dog bones for the CVD's. You can opt for the Titanium turnbuckles but not necessary. Other than that it is a really nice and tough truck. If the truck you get is used.... pull the ball diff out and rebuild it. If you have any questions just let me know. It is a great truck and I am very happy with it.

Tom

It will be new, probably the RTR RS version. Thanks for that information, it's been a lot of help!

It will be new, probably the RTR RS version. Thanks for that information, it's been a lot of help!

Your welcome. The RS is a great truck. It does come with AM radio equipment. You may want to replace that eventually but it is not a necessity. It is pretty nice right out of the box and is racable in any stock class. I think you will really enjoy it.

Tom

I have a 3PK that I just bought a FASST module for, as well as a 3PM with FASST, so the radio is one thing I've got covered. My step-dad is learning to race, so I wanted to have a nice radio for each of us.

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Have fun man.

I have the RTR....be careful with brushless. I put a Mamba Max 7700 KvA combo in mine and it smokes the diff about every third run or so. Other than that it is pretty tough.

what are the options for putting a heavier diff in it so that doesn't happen?

That is a good question....I am not real big in to electric myself either so I am not sure. I have not heard there is one available but have not looked either. I am not a big fan of ball diffs. Gear is just soooo much stronger.

I am not sure about the diff in the RTR version. Do they use plastic outdrives? My Factory Team edition uses metal outdrives and I run a Novak GTB and a Brushless 5.5 and I have had no problems with my diff. You always want to check your diff for tightness after the first run and periodically for tightness anyway. If your diff is not tight enough you will smoke it fast. I was under the impression that the diff and trans were the same for both models. No matter what your running, you want to make sure your diff stays tight. If it starts to slip to much your going to burn the rings and the thrust bearings for sure.

Back