What do buggy racers want?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pankey35OSU

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am a college student and I live in Corvallis Oregon. I have been working with the local hobby shop about getting a track started on the same property that the currently run a flying field at. There is plenty of space for a huge track if that was needed and we already have bleachers, and heavy equipment to help get the dirt moved. I am doing some research on what racers, expert through novice would like in an ideal track, keep in mind that 1/10th and 1/8th scale buggies, ST, SC, and truggies will run this track at club races. So if you would email me your suggestions and if you already have an ideal track send me a picture or a link please.

Email: [email protected]

-Keith Pankey

I don't have a boatload of experience racing but I would imagine most racers would like a track that is mixed up a bit. Although, I do remember hearing once a few years ago about a track that had seen fall-off of electric attendence because it had a super long backstretch and folks weren't diggin' the heat issues that it created. That might not be such an issue anymore with the efficiency of new age brushless motors.