What did you print today??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20231112_154437.jpg

Finished this cryptex today. I've only been 3d printing for a month. I want to start creating my own builds soon. Planning on starting a tutorial on fusion 360 tomorrow unless anyone has different software recommendations. I have never done anything like this before. Love itšŸ˜

View attachment 174821
Finished this cryptex today. I've only been 3d printing for a month. I want to start creating my own builds soon. Planning on starting a tutorial on fusion 360 tomorrow unless anyone has different software recommendations. I have never done anything like this before. Love itšŸ˜
Fusion and Tinkercad is all I use. Fusion was quite a learning curve for me so be prepared.
Let me know how that lock works. I always wanted to print that thing.

Fusion and Tinkercad is all I use. Fusion was quite a learning curve for me so be prepared.
Let me know how that lock works. I always wanted to print that thing.
It works great. My only complaint is the ridges on the dials kinda dig into the hand after a bit of working them in. It's not a big deal. The build is great though. There is a small gap that you can see on the bottom between the dials and the end cap.

I have great support on learning. My sons best friend is an electronics engineer that primarily works in 3d printing.

It works great. My only complaint is the ridges on the dials kinda dig into the hand after a bit of working them in. It's not a big deal. The build is great though. There is a small gap that you can see on the bottom between the dials and the end cap.

I have great support on learning. My sons best friend is an electronics engineer that primarily works in 3d printing.
Fusion 360 is a great option. My only advise is to create all of your projects under the same folder, if you want to keep them all, because the free version of Fusion 360 only allows you to have a limited number of project folders. If you ever need help @WickedFog is a 3d modeler and uses Fusion a fair amount.

I printed a great spaghetti sculpture today on my Ender 5 Plus... I just love getting a new printer dialed in after initial assembly.

Thatā€™s cool I want a 3D printer one day
Print that magic
We printed
Like the title says -- Show us what you printed today!! I will start. Over the 4th holiday I wanted a quick project so I assessed what I had on hand in my parts box and decided I would build an Airboat . A little bit in tinkercad later and I designed the hull to be printed in 2 halves via spiral vase mode with a 1mm nozzle, the rest of the parts are printed solid.. Just spending time wiring things up for a test run now.
View attachment 148689View attachment 148690

Last edited:
Finally designed and printed a tpu tire insert for one of my crawlers. Used my ender3. Took two tries to get the fit and ā€œsquishynessā€ dialed.
Forgot to take a pic, but I've got three more to goā€¦ 9hrs each

#2 on the printer now
Just got this roll of tpu, by far the most moisture in a new roll I've ever experienced. This is after 6 hours drying, and it still needs more!

IMG_2866.jpeg

Took a bit of a hiatus from RC to focus on diecast and a little revenue stream to pay for my hobbies.

I've started modifying files for the Mighty FC so I can get working on the interior, a full one piece reprint of the cab with a slightly different orientation that should not only be stronger but will print faster as well.

But I'm wrapping up some of my diecast projects, hopefully the last furniture I'll print before I get a resin printer. Not bad for the big FDM though.

The container project is another in a line of modular projects. This one is my first one and I'm designing different layouts and backgrounds for them. I have another one in the works that is like a container foodstand type deal. Lighting was for mockup but the lid/roof will have lighting integrated into it.

I like printing the furniture in white PLA because it takes color well with sharpies.
DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0014 filtered.jpg

PXL_20231224_153144602.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231224_152808359.NIGHT.jpg

Dusted off printer last night and made these 2 spiders, one of my better prints as it stayed on bed the entire time šŸ˜‚
Saw some cool stuff that @2wdMod has made available to make. I particularly like the 1/24 dragster, but it is apparently too tall for my Ender 3 šŸ¤¬ I might give the pan car a try. Thanks for sharing your files with us 2wdMod šŸ‘

IMG_1700.jpeg

Back