what air filter do you guys recommend?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NooP

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am using the os 102 air cleaner on my cv.15. It looks like I'm going to be needing new air cleaner elements pretty soon. Instead of buying a pack of elements I thought I could go with a better air cleaner set up? Are there any better set ups out there? Do you guys notice any difference? Or should I just order the os elements?

--NooP

Most people recomend one by MotorSaver. You WILL notice a difference. I just picked one up for my Savage for this season.

Please stay away from K&N filters. They were never made for an R/C application despite what people selling them say.

I'll second that. MotorSaver is a great filter.

Motorsaver, all the way... Less restriction, better airflow = more power...

deffinatly a motorsaver they work great

Yes motor savers air filter is one of the best let alone the best.......Nick

motorsaver hands down is the best!!!

Some may disagree with me on this one but my personal preference for filters are these:
ofnc1038.jpg

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGBV6&P=0

And these elements I have found restrict the air less than any other:
dtxc6107.jpg

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBCH7&P=0

I literally keep a dozen filter elements in my parts box ready to go at a moment's notice if the filter I use become soiled through the day. At $1 each element you really can't go wrong even if they only last a day per element, but I will generally get weeks of usage out of the elements.

EP, that filter looks like the ofna 10017 that I use. The element that comes with it is low restriction too, and is a lot cheaper than the OS filter.

The filter assembly is an ofna filter assembly however the filter elements are made by dura trax. I have found those elements to be way less restrictive than the ofna elements.

I just got a K&N for my buggie, whats the problem with them?

Robmob - Thanks for posting the link for everyone bro. The K&N's are crap for nitro engines. They look pretty but not pretty enough to justify the negative.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MotorSaver air fliters kick ass and have the largest filtration volume of ANY airfilter I've seen on the market.

i just get the ones from DuraTraxx in a pack of 3

Do most cars have the same size air intake hole in the carburator?

sbb4us, I think all the .21 and up are the same size, I don't know about .12's

I have had 2 problems with a motorsaver, both times my engine ate dirt. I bash hard, and on hard impacts I actually had the filter retainer cover pop out, allowing the filter to fall out. I ended up wiring in the retainer plate. I also recommend applying grease to the end of the element where it mates to the plastic housing, for extra protection against dirt getting past the element.

I now use the onfa filter EP mentioned, #10017 for the assembly and #10031 for pre-filters. The element that comes with it is pretty good, much less restrictive than the Kyosho filter.

There is something not quite right with the terms "less restrictive" and "air filter" being in the same sentence. Kind of makes me want to ask just how well the air filter works. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down the air filter in question. Just kind of curious.

Part of that curiousity is wondering just how did you measure it to determine that it is "less restrictive"? Another part is wondering why that is such a good thing? I understand the need for good airflow, just wanting some clarification on this "less restrictive" business. I want the airflow to be clean, not full of dust. If the less restrictive means that more particles are also making it through the filter, then I am thinking this is a bad thing.

Please elaborate for those of us who might be too curious.

Back