What a cool wife!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The wife got me a few laps around Richmond International Raceway with the Richard Petty Driving Experience! How cool is that? I am sure it is not going to be flat out racing and I am sure I will have to follow another car, but it is supposed to be in a real racecar. I am so excited. Either my wife is just that cool, or she is trying to create an "accident" so she can collect the life insurance! LOL

I will be going down to RIR sometime on the 17th of October. Man this is so sweet!

LOL congrats ... the other half has done it at dega and said it was a blast :)

That sounds like a blast.

Wow that incredible. I would absolutely love that, and I'm not a hard core Nascar fan like you, so I'm sure this will go down as one of the all time best life experience that you'll remember. Just don't tell the wife that it was better than your wedding, or it'll be the last Nascar event that you think about.

I know times have been stresful with the baby and everything, but it really sounds like your wife is doing all that she can to show you her love and support, and I'm so glad to hear it. I've prayed for you guys a good bit, and I hope things only get better from here.

Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to it. The hard part is going to be getting into one of those cars and resisting the urge to stomp on it and tear out of the pits! They have soft walls now, right?! LOL It should be one of those great experiences in life for sure. I know I can't wait. 800 Horsepower!

Charliestheman... thank you, we are not out of the woods yet, but at least we are on a positive path.

Lessen... just come on down to Richmond with us... you can drive half the laps and I will drive the other.

Rolex... I wouldn't put you in the back seat! You my friend can ride shotgun... you would have to keep your head\ears inside the car at all times though.... oh yeah... has the swelling gone down yet? In order to get in, you have to climb in the window. :D

Tom

Lucky S.O.B. thats awesome dude....maybe you should get your wife some roses now....That helps out in your book as well:D;)

Tom, live it up. It's an incredibly cool experience. I didn't get to do the driving, but I did get to ride along on Lowe's about 6 years ago. Best $100 I've ever spent. We rode in a pack of 3 so we were drafting the whole time. The track officials estimate we were in the 170 mph range for the majority of the run. All I can say is that after that ride, I had a whole new respect for the guys who drive these every weekend. It's not easy in any stretch of the imagination and you do have to be pretty damn strong to hold one of those cars in line.
Since that time, I have decided that my next adventure is to drive. But I'm going to go to driving school. I just haven't decided which one yet. There are a lot of them including one formed by Jeff Gordon.

Anyway, enjoy your drive. They give you a bunch of laps. You won't be entirely alone on the track and I believe you'll have a guide car. But you're alone in the car and it's all up to you. Just make sure you get a lot of pictures to remember it by. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime drive.

Congrats Tom! Do you get to drive??? Like Candyman, I did the ride along thing a couple of years ago at the Lowes track. The driving course required a 3-class for training/ride alongs then driving but that was the On-Track driving school.

Ride or drive, either way it'll be an awesome experience, your wife rocks!

Alright, who am I kidding? The driving would be much better! :D

That'll be awesome Tom, congrats!!

Even if the wife is just trying to create that 'accident', wouldn't be a bad way to go. Only one way would be better, and that's well...... just not appropriate for this forum. :D

Man thats a lot better than a BJ LOL.

Congrats Tom, you are one lucky sob.....you owe the wife BIG TIME. Have fun bro and get some cool pics if you can.

I do indeed get to drive. It is part class time and part track time. Like Candyman said there will be a guide car, and I will be on my own in the car. It is going to be one hell of a good time. I do owe my wife big time! I am told there will be someone there that will video the drive and give me a DVD. I will be taking quite alot of pictures as well.

Knowing my luck though... I will get stuck with the number 24 car!

Knowing my luck though... I will get stuck with the number 24 car!

Usually I'd say you'd just drive away from all the rest of the cars if that happened. But looking at this season, I'd say you'd start the session pretty well. Then a couple laps in, you'd radio in to say you think you might have just missed on the setup. After another couple laps you'd pull in to the pits for fuel and tires. You'd get a turn of wedge and drop 2 pounds in air pressure. You'd hit the track again and be a bit uneasy. But you'd press on. Another couple laps later you'd complain about how tight you've become and how it's undriveable. You'd radio in that you're headed to the pits, but before you can end your sentence, you blow a right front which sends you hurling into the Turn 3 wall, tearing the right side of the car off. And, as is getting commonplace, your day ends with the sentence "Take it to the garage, Tom".

Usually I'd say you'd just drive away from all the rest of the cars if that happened. But looking at this season, I'd say you'd start the session pretty well. Then a couple laps in, you'd radio in to say you think you might have just missed on the setup. After another couple laps you'd pull in to the pits for fuel and tires. You'd get a turn of wedge and drop 2 pounds in air pressure. You'd hit the track again and be a bit uneasy. But you'd press on. Another couple laps later you'd complain about how tight you've become and how it's undriveable. You'd radio in that you're headed to the pits, but before you can end your sentence, you blow a right front which sends you hurling into the Turn 3 wall, tearing the right side of the car off. And, as is getting commonplace, your day ends with the sentence "Take it to the garage, Tom".

LMAO!

Or if I get the 88... I would start off with a great car and steadily make it worse every pit stop until all I am cussing like a sailor and they have to completly shut my radio off on TrackPass. Instead of telling my crew chief what the car needs to get better I rant and rave and cuss some more. Then I finish 23 and blame the whole team for making the car worse, instead of better.

Don't they put you in a car with an instructor first?
I'm thinking you will be screaming like a little girl on the first turn and will be too scared to get back in the car. :p:

Just kidding Bro. I'm not much of a Nascar fan either, but that sounds like a blast.
Like the other guys said, ya owe the wife big time. She is a keeper.

Don't they put you in a car with an instructor first?
I'm thinking you will be screaming like a little girl on the first turn and will be too scared to get back in the car. :p:

Just kidding Bro. I'm not much of a Nascar fan either, but that sounds like a blast.
Like the other guys said, ya owe the wife big time. She is a keeper.

She is a keeper for sure... I just hope she needs me as much as I need her! LOL

Of course statements like that will get my man card revoked... so I didn't just say that!

Back